Is the upgraded tensioner any better?

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
rimotorbiker, The spring tensioner from TSC is good, but you might find that you have to obtain a stronger spring. I had to modifiy my quite a bit to fit my bike, and just added a regular spring to pull from the back side. It worked well, and I eventually removed the roller and went to a sprocket which has been great. A lot of guys seem to be going to the t-shirt shims which make a lot of sense. I might try them on a second build. Good Luck

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I have a TSC wheel and spring and couldn't come up with an effective setup so I went bak to the original wheel. DAX kit came with wheel with a bearing it works fine. I may try to engineer a better mount for the TSC wheel/spring later on.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
The stock mounting bracket for the tensioner can be used, with some modification. I used the stock bracket with the tractor supply tensioner and spring. I would think it could also be adapted for use in the location intended by the kit manufacturers.

Attachments

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
Good eye, rimotorbiker. I do need to take another link out of the chain, as it does slap together sometimes. I haven't done it yet because I ordered a new clamshell adapter and sprocket from Creative Engineer. Have not installed it yet, though. I am thinking of getting a 36 tooth from Jim, I currently have a 34 tooth.

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
No problem, that is what this forum is all about! I have been thinking about reversing the spring tension and letting the tensioner pull down on the bottom run of the chain.