least expensive bicycle engine modification for performance

GoldenMotor.com

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
If you're looking for 1 performance mod, plug and wire updrade with cutting the inside tube of the muffler if sounds perfect. But we all have experienced what will happen. You try this simple and inexpensive mod and you can not wait to see how much more you can do. Next you will want to change your reg oil to synthetic and mod your head gasket, change your drive sprocket, upgrade the carb, upgrade to a tuned pipe, install sickbike.com's shifter kit. Then you'll want to purchase the Franco Millini motor. Then after all is said and done, someone here will have attached a rocket engine to their bike. But hey, we all need a stepping stone for any kind of progress.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
to Bikeguyjoe and to those of you who are going to try grinding the ground electrode to a V point you do not have to bend the electrode to do this if your think you might hit the center electrode place a thin piece of metal like an old feeler gauge between the ground and center electrode and grind away.
I've done this to all of my bikes engines as to whether it works or not I don't know you would need to dyno test it to prove it, I was told about this trick by a guy who competes in competition chainsawing. It is a point fire instead of a split fire plug.

Last edited: