Did I get a used engine?

GoldenMotor.com

Heemlo

Nov 17, 2008
New Jersey
There appears to be significant carbon build up inside the cylinder.

There is broken metal under the gear cover. Not sure how it could have happened.

This one looks like proof. There are deep grooves as though a chain was rubbing against the sprocket cover for a long time.

My dad is an experienced motor tinkerer and he says it is definitely used. I bought it from boygofast on ebay and I've now opened a dispute with him and asked for a refund or a new engine, and he's acting like he doesn't know what I'm talking about, but it seems like this couldn't happen on accident, so anyways I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I haven't fired the engine up yet, had started disassembling and project is on hold atm.

I'll post what happens with boygofast.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You've been had by boygo fast.
Let him know you are spreading the word here and if you paid with a credit card, or paypal, get your money back.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I bought a kings motors kit .
It had been started at the factory.
When I disassembled it for a clean up there was a very light haze of burned carbon on the exhaust port.
Sometime the quality of these kits is suspect.

Sometime the vendor is suspect.
Stop payment if possible.

Heemlo

Nov 17, 2008
New Jersey
I threatened to trash him on here and the other forum, as well as leave neg feedback on ebay. If he doesn't fix it I will escalate from paypal dispute to claim. Not sure how it all goes but I'm on top of it. Was just curious if this is actually how they come from the China factory, but guess not.

This was the latest reply:
"checked the sales record.
u used more than 1 month.
u purchased on 11/17 .now 12/29 .

we sold thousands, we never ever have used motor."

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
sounds to me like you got the first used one from him. The shippers for him might of sent you a returned engine which I see it can happen I'm sorry you seem to have gotten the short end of the stick from him.
Looks like it burn him time turn him into ebay and paypal if you used them or if you used a credit card they sometimes will go after the seller and stop the payment.
I do hope you can get it worked out I've bought over 6 kits from him and had only minor hassles from him in the past and they always worked out although I almost felt like I had been violated a little
one time. Payed for insurance and engine arrived with a broken head he replaced it pronto next time Ihad to pay for the shipping $8.00 the sorry s.o.b. anyway I asked what the heck type of beer ya drinking that costs $8.00 a 6 pack. I paided for the insurance it should of covered all the bill but it didn't. I'm still whizzed off by that. that sorry boygofat on our money the sorry s.o.b.
good luck
.mbv.
Norman

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Understand There Is Around 4700 Members!!!?? That Would Be A Few Tons Of Bad Publicity!! That Will Cost Him In The End. Negociate, Then Squeal On Him. It Getting So You Can`t Trust Any Business Anymore. At&t Owes Me $300 In Rebates, Have Not Seen It Yet. Made 84 Purchases On Ebay. Had A Little Trouble, All Were Good But One In The End. The Bad One Was For $5. Good Luck. Keep Us Posted. Ron.duh..weld.we..mbv.

Last edited:

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
There are a great many HT dealers out there. One account of a nightmare customer service experience is all it takes for me to give someone else my business. I've seen two really bad deals with boygofast here in the last week or so. BGF are you listening. I had a great experience with powerkingshop on e-bay. Just my 2 cents worth.

Heemlo, I'm really sorry your having a bad time with your project. This stuff is supposed to be fun. I hope you get some satisfaction.lworider1

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
He shipped you a return. Period. They may 'test fire" them (I have seen the video) but they don't run a chain on them and gouge up the case.

He ripped you off.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I bought my first and only kit so far from Powerkingshop on Ebay as well in 06/08. Mounted up and going strong since. My spark plug was cracked, seemed odd to ship it with the plug installed to me. Anyway I replaced the plug myself and notified them that the packing material seemed less than enough. I will buy from powerking again.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I bought a kit from him a few months ago, for only one reason...price. I wanted a kit to sacrifice for R & D, not to run. The engine I got was definitely, "not", used. His price was good, the shipping was fast...The confirmation e-mails were more prompt than mine! I think he would have done well if he had concentrated on quality instead of price...The quality was not as good as any of the other kits I've had: but his is a valid business model in a cut-throat price war. Push as much as possible, and keep a war chest for the returns. This is classic in the fitness equipment industry.

I never had any need to talk to him or correspond via email. I have seen some of the posts that included quotes from him. It's hard to believe that someone who sells this many kits would not hire a "front" that speaks and writes proper english. If I was doing this kind of volume I wouldn't have time!!! I'd have to hire someone. Maybe it's a family venture, and none of them are able to write.

I know from time-to-time, dealers offer return kits as-is...does anyone know who does this?

Jim

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I think Dax has had returns "as is" for sale. from time to time you need to call and ask him or send him a PM which would most likely be better no need to wear the guy out with phone calls.
I'm bummed that Rick(boygotofellfast) as he calls himself is diggin his own grave by doing bad business. He has more than likely been burned by customers so it might be a 2 way street. But I got the pickle in the pooper from him too so I don't feel sorry for him. What goes around comes around. let the other forum support him for a while this is supposed to be a friendly place, but it could and can turn fuggin ugly.
I do hope things will turn around and we can all play fair. Maybe Rick will look at these posts once and a while and see the error.
Norman

Last edited:

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I Bet You 4700 Of Us Can Tell Them What You Talking About.post Their Email Add.i Bet The B.b.b Would Love This.lets Get This Members Money Back And A Free Motor.its The Least That Bgf Can Do.harleys Dad

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I sent him a message letting him know that one sale was not worth the possible loss of many, and asked if he would/could work with this guy.

I know sometimes folks can screw up an anvil with there bare hands, and some will even try to get someone else to absorb their mistakes.....very rare though.

I'll let you know if/when he responds.

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
:-||A few minutes of seller research has a huge payoff, ie feedback & previous buyer comments will usually rid you of possible hardship and the time/$$ wasted on those unethical dealers. Good Luck

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I sent him a message letting him know that one sale was not worth the possible loss of many, and asked if he would/could work with this guy.

I know sometimes folks can screw up an anvil with there bare hands, and some will even try to get someone else to absorb their mistakes.....very rare though.

I'll let you know if/when he responds.
Exactly...This would have to be a tough business to be in! Not to sound negative or on the side of BGF, but I think you would be really surprised if you knew how many people throw a tantrum and insist the dealer refund a kit that was totally cobbled by them.

I'm going to say at least 15% of the sales result in some sort of loss, whether it's time or replacement parts, it's still a loss. Of the 15%, 2-3% are truly legitimate, missing parts, parts broken during shipping...etc. You can bet some insist on a refund simply because they find out that another kit is highly recommended. This isn't fair to the dealer. These guys aren't Walmart!!! The politically correct notion of consumer protection, has gone way overboard!!!

I realize this isn't the case here, as it appears obvious that Heemlo got a return engine. You have to figure it was a mistake made by a warehouse guy, and not the intention of BGF to pass off a used kit. If he is trying to pass off used kits...he'll be done soon anyway. The warehouse guy is probably getting reamed as I write this.

I think it would make a good thread, and be beneficial to newbies, if the dealers shared thier backside stories...It might make people think for a moment about what's fair. I'm sure some of the dealer stories would leave some of us in stitches. Dealers???

I really think BGF tries...The language thing would annoy me to no end if I were trying to get help with an installation. If he's going to continue he needs to rectify this!

Considering the nature of these kits...I look at it like this...Dealers, I will be a repeat customer, don't send me a box full of scrap metal and everything will be cool...If you do, you won't hear from me again...you will simply have lost a customer.

Jim