Hello from Boulder City, Nevada

GoldenMotor.com

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
Built a basic bike last Winter with a garage-sale Huffy mountain bike and a 66cc basic Chinese motor kit. Flufed it up with fenders, lights, rear-view mirror, cargo rack and soft seat. Also worked up my own spring-loaded chain tension adjuster. Having fun, saving lots of gas $$$. But my wife and kids are embarassed that friends recognize me around town. So, decided to register on the site so I can chat with people that get it!

joebrnotbrnot

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum Joe we are glad you joined us.

Don't worry, you are amongst Motorized Bicycle fanatics here... we understand!

I have gotten yelled at a few times while riding my motorized bicycle, everyone seems to know me by fairracing laff

Last edited:

jemsolly

Oct 13, 2009
Darwin Australia
Built a basic bike last Winter with a garage-sale Huffy mountain bike and a 66cc basic Chinese motor kit. Flufed it up with fenders, lights, rear-view mirror, cargo rack and soft seat. Also worked up my own spring-loaded chain tension adjuster. Having fun, saving lots of gas $$$. But my wife and kids are embarassed that friends recognize me around town. So, decided to register on the site so I can chat with people that get it!

joebrnotbrnot
lol... I have the same problem with my wife and kids.
They just don't get it, plus they can't see the smile on my face when I'm cruising.
Any ways... welcome and have fun .wee.
Jo

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
My giggles are far more important to me than theirs - and my bike fills me with mirth. I suppose it's a good thing it amuses others as well - if for different reasons :D

Welcome to the forum!

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Welcome also,
I found years ago my wife and I didn't like separate mountain bikes. We couldn't talk and share the enjoyment of our rides as much as when we bought our first tandem at a pawn shop. We rode that old wards bike for years. Once I got into restoring motorcycles she loved riding with me. Now we have a motorized tandem and she asks me to go riding.
Some where on this forum someone stated that the ride of one of these puts a grin of a kid again on your face. Well it's true. Any retractors in your family, just let them ride once. Then they'll get it.
P.S. Get one for the wife. You'll be glad ya did, or go tandem.

Alajoyn