Frankenstien Tank

GoldenMotor.com

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Took 2 welding bottle caps and the filler neck from an old tank to make a bigger gas tank for my ratfink.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
AWESOME! KOOOOOOOOOl x3.......I plan on a Clevland clone and the caps like that will be perfict for the ends of the tank..................Curt

Last edited:

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Welds look like crap still learning ,but at least its thick metal and didnt have to worry about burning through like on my other tank i made out of 2 propane bottles. That stuff was thin,gotta start working on this bike again someday. Nice bikes you guys love the tanks,arent those the $250 tanks? They sure are nice. Seat was too low for mounting back there plus it messes with the flow of the bike if it were to be mounted back there IMO. This blue bike will be mounted out back though it fits.

Last edited:

dmanshep

Jun 10, 2012
AZ
I love these.. I have been trying to figure out an alternative tank all day.. I think i've settled on a single metal water bottle mounted under my rear rack via a water bottle holder.. Anyone have any thoughts on that? It's on a mtn bike build

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Now that was a good Idea! here is mine, dog collers to look like it was strapped on
Dog collars, brilliant! When I was looking for something to add to my pork-n-beans tank for an accent, I was trying to think of a good way to add leather straps. Dog collars are a splendid idea.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
PetSmart $5.99-$15.99 Blk,Brn,Nat,Red,Blue,Spiked,Riveted Tons & Tons Makes the tank look strapped on as well as adding a vintage look