My "Express" - Board Track Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
That's a nice book, got it too, but it's mostly a summary of the other 2 books from Manfred Nabinger ! also there are :
Hilfsmotoren, Stadtrutscher und Mopedtraeume
ISBN 3-86133-320-1

and
Fahrradmotoren, Sesselraeder & Roller-Raritaeten
ISBN 3-86133-392-9

available at the most bookstores or amazone, etc...
Recommended ! both in german language, but for everyone who is interested in motorized bicycling history a must have !

Jean, here some pic's of my bike : http://motorbicycling.com/f16/through-forrest-iloo-29000.html

by the way : i'm collecting technical informations and pictures to make a MAW thread ! stay tuned !

Last edited:

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hi Thomas.
Your bike looks very original, with attention to detail.
DerTank is very good and the fuel line of copper to fit.
How does the front suspension? Or is it not?
Yes if you want to open a new thread about MAW,
I can send you pictures.
Have to express my a 36 chainring currently grown.
So I can better go with my buddies, it was Lord's. :) Here is a Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rJMvxxAww

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Hi Jean !

very nice video, you're ridin very fast....best of all : you wear vintage looking clothes, that's amazing !!! i did a ride on "Vatertag" too, but only a half an hour, way too much drunken teenagers with carts full of beer. They're hanging and laying all around. was no fun.
My bike is not all original, i've spend 2 years to collect all the parts to make a bike what's looking like a motorbike of the 1920's. The fork doesn't spring, because that's are only fork reinforcements.
Please send me pictures of the MAW's, good idea. I need a few more days to start the thread, little time at the moment....:(

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That's a nice book, got it too, but it's mostly a summary of the other 2 books from Manfred Nabinger ! also there are :
Hilfsmotoren, Stadtrutscher und Mopedtraeume
ISBN 3-86133-320-1

and
Fahrradmotoren, Sesselraeder & Roller-Raritaeten
ISBN 3-86133-392-9

I have also been doing some reading online about some of these Hilfsmotoren and Fahrradmotoren that are used over there. Europe seems to have a much longer history of motorizing bicycles than we do in the states, or at least they do it more often over there. And your fine, solid-looking bicycles with their lugged steel frames tell me that most factories build them to be able to take many years of hard use. I am becoming very interested in Europe's approach to motorized bicycles. Thank you again for this information.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Allen ,

the motorized bicycle history in europe isn't longer, but much different to the U.S.
Many countrys with many inventors they've made very different solutions for only one reason : to motorize the people !
There were 3 big times to do this : after the WW 1 & 2 and the great depression. It was hard times in europe, and no one has money to buy a car or a motorbike.
But many people still had old bicycles, so why not put a motor on it ? And all these manufacturers produced good quality, including the bicycle manufacturers, a reason why you can find many vintage bicycles and engines on swapmeets or sometimes on fleamarkets. I'm using only vintage parts, because the good quality ! sometimes i think, my bikes going to be older than me...

S.W.Montgomery

Jun 19, 2011
Berlin
Hi i live in berlin and and just started a project. Im wondering how difficult it is to have your bike leaglized for the street. Im looking at purchasing a honda gxh50

Thank you?

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hello guys.
Have here are two pictures of a meeting in Germany.
This is a 333m long concrete velodrome. The city is Dortmund.
The fastest way I perceive were 76 km / h.
My bike is not suspension that is why the video has become nothing too bad.
Greeting jean

Attachments