time to repaint it and rebuild it!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
well its time to take apart the mb and give it a paint job. i got the bike off craigslist around last year and the first thing i did was strip the paint off of it. i was going to give it a nice paint job but as i was stripping the paint off i liked the look of the bare frame. so i took a flat gray primer and painted stripes on it. it looked alright at first, but now its getting old so i want to give it a nice orange spray. i recently painted the motor plates blue and put blue forks on it. also higher rise bars to make my back not hurt on rides. i think im going to leave the bars with white primer on it, with a little blue color along the way and the frame orange. i have the frame all stripped down and now in the middle of sanding it and getting it prepped. ill b posting pics along the way.
zpt

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
done sanding the frame and decided to tape off a nice stripe down the middle of the tank. primed that and waiting for it to dry so i can spray it blue tomorrow. also retightened the front and the rear wheel spokes. gonna have the paint for the frame in the next week.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Nope. The colors aren't from or trying to be after a sports team. I painted the motor plates months back blue, and I was tossing between a few colors, I thought orange would go good. I'm a Yankees fan and always will b!

Sorry about the pictures, they will b up today

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Finished painting the bars white and the top of forks white. Will upload pics today. Tank also finished, just need a little black touch up

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
heres some more pics. the tank is all done, just put a nice simple stripe down the middle. resprayed the bars white. also sprayed white on the forks to cover the rough rusted metal tht was on there before. hopefully getting the paint for the frame this weekend. gonna round out the motor fins to give it a cleaner look.

Attachments

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
picked up the paint tonight. got a gray primer and pumpkin orange. wanted the shade a little darker so i got the gray primer instead of the white

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
thanks killercanuck

started putting the finish coat on this evening and gonna finish blending it all tomorrow in the sunlight. its going on a little slow because of the dark primer

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
did a little work on the bike today. put the bars, stem, forks, cranks, seat and rear wheel on. taped off the stripe on the tank and painted gray. looks great. didnt get to load up pictures, will load them on tomorrow

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
here is some pics of the progress so far.
doing some work on it today, gonna shorten the chain since i am not running the derailleur anymore
shorten the motor chain because i decided to run it without the tensioner. i would make one and weld it right to the frame but i dont have those kind of tools in my toolbox.
also have to put on the brakes.
may wait to put on the front wheel until the motor is on so it wont tip.

its starting to look like a bike again!

Attachments