fuel petcock does give enough fuel

GoldenMotor.com

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
so when i ride my bike. i usually get it to full throttle and go about is fast as it can go. well when i wind it all the way out the float bowl gets to empty and it chokes out. not getting enough gas. is there an upgraded fuel petcock that has a higher flow rate then the stock one? let me know.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I've had the same problem on 2 different builds. One thing that helps is to remove that little filter that's on the kit petcock. I always run an inline fuel filter, as do most people with MaBs. I'm also running an inline petcock after fuel filter (see pic). My tank has a 1/4" NPT nipple instead.

Sickbikeparts.com has a real nice one, and you can also find them in hardware stores, as I did. It doesn't have to be special, but there's a lot of em out there better than supplied with kits.

Also, I recommend using good-quality SAE fuel line. Today's pump fuel is not kind to a lot of stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
so when i ride my bike. i usually get it to full throttle and go about is fast as it can go. well when i wind it all the way out the float bowl gets to empty and it chokes out. not getting enough gas. is there an upgraded fuel petcock that has a higher flow rate then the stock one? let me know.
well my 6 year old kit came with a small brass 1 and had the same problem new kit came with silver one between the 2 the silver empty the tank in a few sec the brass 1 took almost a minute hope this helps

but after i got new 1 silver 1 4 old bike no more problem with empty bowl at top end

Attachments

Last edited:

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Not had a problem with the petcock, but check and see if your tank isn't venting. Unscrew the cap and see if it still has the same issues.

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
i was reading on your thread, said in there about fuel line vibrations. i got alot of that lol.

i think it might just be a clogged intank fuel filter. when i got that tank it had alot of rust in it. could never really get it out. and with all the vibrations. might have shook some loose in there. iv pulled of my line a few times and its flowing alot slower. i figure its time to check it out. most likely clean it.

thanks for all the imput guys. great help. thats what i love this place for

mobike91