quick top tube tank seal

GoldenMotor.com

oldsurfer

May 21, 2010
thousand oaks,,,ca
just figured out quick..easy top tube seal for felt bicycles...on removing front forks 2 top holes that lead into the tank seal by using brass freeze plugs sold at auto supply stores..coat them with the 2part jbweld ..the lower hole deburr out and coat with jb weld putty...likewise after drilling out the bar behind the seat post fill with jbweld putty..this is the great part....buy caswell tank sealer...this product is THICKER than anything else on the market ..it is a 2 part solution...they say you don't have to have the tank etched it sticks great to a acetone cleaned tank..before you mix the 2 parts take duck take and tape behind all filled holes to stop and pin leaks you might have...pour in the caswell sealer ..slosh arround inside of tank...pour out and let tank sit...this is the THICKEST ..BEST COATING STUFF ON THE MARKET..type in caswell tank sealer to get to thew website..............dance1

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
Awesome.......thank you for the info! A felt is not currently in my budget but is something I definitely want to do in the future! Now if we could get someone to make engine mounts that cost less than the engines we are in business!

oldsurfer

May 21, 2010
thousand oaks,,,ca
just to drive home the caswell tank sealer...this stuff is not a paint...when dry in 60 minutes..it put down a sealer that will take 300 psi...you will not ever have to do anything to that tank!!!!!!!and no i have no relationship with caswell....just damn happy with the results and want everone to know about it