Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I have also heard a local fellow refer to his moped as a "one horned, zip-tied, dying purple people creeper".
laff that's hilarious!
My friends either call my MB a moped or the "Chris Mobile". They also call my car the Chris Mobile. Or the camper... (because we took a week long camping trip with 5 people and my small car :D)

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
Cathay being an archaic name for China, I thought about nicknaming my bike "Cathay Racer". I also seemed to have already given somebody else's bike the nickname of "Hotfoot Express" (he was having trouble keeping his shoe and the exhaust pipe separate from each other). I have also heard a local fellow refer to his moped as a "one horned, zip-tied, dying purple people creeper".
thought about calling my 4500 the " beijing express", but i dont know yet. even though its finished for the most part, iot will NEVER bedone completely.xx.

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA
I called my first bike Bikenstein, but the name is more fitting for my new bike. The frame and maybe the crankset are the only things that are original parts :). I bought the bike to put my old motor on, and the thing was already a mish-mash of various parts, then I changed a bunch of stuff, so yea, it's Bikenstein.

Last edited:

Lay'emLow

Nov 4, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
My new bike has an american frame by columbia, a chinese motor, english fenders by raleigh, and a german gas tank by heineken so Ive started calling it the Globe Trotter... which shortens nicely to GT. Hopefully Ill come up with a better international name by the time I finish the build.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
i used to call my honda the "harlonda" cause people would always think it was a harley at first glance...
We used to go up to Harley guys and say, "You bought one of those EXPENSIVE Intruders, didn't you?" They either go away or spend the next hour telling you why THEIR motorcycle is much better than ANY jap bike.