florida stinks!!

GoldenMotor.com

dolimitless

Oct 13, 2009
tampa
So a motorized bike is considered a "human powered bicycle" even though it has an engine, because it has pedals -- which can be used as human powered assistance? Am I correct in my logic?

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Good luck figuring it out......all I know is all the cops here in G'ville ...LOVE me !......just don't do anything stupid....stay off sidewalks....yield to traffic....don't carry guns.....samo samo.......

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
So a motorized bike is considered a "human powered bicycle" even though it has an engine, because it has pedals -- which can be used as human powered assistance? Am I correct in my logic?

Correct sir......it's that simple.....less than 50CC's....( who is measuring ? )...no tag,registration,insurance nor drivers license required in the State of Florida....just don't be stupid and attract attention to yourself......it only takes one bad apple....I have a blast on my bike.....where else can ya ride a bike in the middle of January ?....with shorts on no less ?

Laters,
Salty.shft.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
after searching "motorized bicycle" this is what I got:

1. 322.01 f.s.
Score: 81.69%
Abstract: (27) "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle, including a motor vehicle combination, not operated upon rails or guideway, excluding vehicles moved solely by human power, motorized wheelchairs, and motorized bicycles as defined in s. (28) "Motor vehicle combination" means a motor vehicle operated in conjunction with one or more other vehicles. (32) "Passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle designed to transport more than 15 persons, including the driver, or a school bus designed to ...

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
It would be nice if the name of this thread could be changed....or another thread started..something like motorbike laws in Florida....I am getting tired of seeing the words...Florida Stinks

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Yes I was going to mention that there were a few places in Fla. that were pretty rank
but they closed up Bettys Supper Club after the shooting and I think the whole state improved.

Steve.

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
Well nobody..at least us regulars at Betty's liked that guy anyway..he was always complaining about his grits being to lumpy...nobody eats grits for dinner anyway

radat1dj

Aug 2, 2010
orlando
Re: florida stinks!! SERIOUSLY

the official word is in... minus some specific cities check out this email...

-----------------------
RE: Motorized bicycle clarification October 18, 2010 4:46 PM

""Unfortunately, the only place motorized bicycles may be ridden in Florida is on private property.

Captain Mark D. Welch
Chief of Public Affairs
Office of Executive Director
Florida Highway Patrol
2900 Apalachee Parkway, MS 44
Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0500
Office: 850.617.2301
Fax: 850.617.5108
[email protected]
www.flhsmv.gov/FHP""

reb1

Aug 15, 2010
CALIFORNIA
Unfortunately MB laws mean nothing to some mega maniacs with a god complex. If you ask the highway patrol there opinion you will get there opinion. There opinion is not the law. You may need to go to court but they are wrong. Florida has the highest death rate for bicyclists and pedestrians for a reason. Instead of enforcing the law they allow motorists to intimidate people from using the roads. Some police will say or do anything to keep you off of the road. If you want to ride the motorized bicycle than do it.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Re: florida stinks!! SERIOUSLY

the official word is in... minus some specific cities check out this email...

-----------------------
RE: Motorized bicycle clarification October 18, 2010 4:46 PM

""Unfortunately, the only place motorized bicycles may be ridden in Florida is on private property.

Captain Mark D. Welch
Chief of Public Affairs
Office of Executive Director
Florida Highway Patrol
2900 Apalachee Parkway, MS 44
Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0500
Office: 850.617.2301
Fax: 850.617.5108
[email protected]
www.flhsmv.gov/FHP""
Thanks for the post.

Is there an updated law, or ordinance?