New Slant Heads for 80cc's: Compression Boost!?

GoldenMotor.com

hotrodbrothers

Sep 9, 2009
cali
The bottom line is that the slant head works and works well it is a good power boost... the thing we need to remember is that the faster we get these things going the faster we need to get them stopped again. we all know these things are a blast but they are also very dangerous. i currently have one brother in the hospital because a car hit him on one of these and a friend in the hospital because his engine blew up ( too many mods/rpm) and tore through both his legs. PLEASE be careful PLEASE wear a helmet

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
woah, more details on the engine blowing please.

my aim is to get a nice mid range power band and use shift kit to cruise at the same speed at traffic without stressing the engine :)

Foximus

Sep 28, 2009
Orlando
woah, more details on the engine blowing please.

my aim is to get a nice mid range power band and use shift kit to cruise at the same speed at traffic without stressing the engine :)

Do this through a nice expansion chamber and porting, not through compression.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
The SBP pipe will get you torque for quick pickup and hills. The slant head is more for increasing top speed. Together they allow me to "keep up with traffic".

None of the other mods people rave about on this forum made any significant difference.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
"None" is a bit... extreme, some of the obvious stuff like properly made/sized non-restrictive gaskets is a biggie, shorty intake manifolds seem to have a good effect, there's others that vary from one engine to the next depending on quality of casts etc...

but we've talked about this before lol :D

It's a matter of a bunch of little things adding up to a "significant difference". These are very sloppy engines, a lil tweakin' here and there eventually results in pronounced increases in performance. No any one thing will magically change yer bike into a rocket - but I've gotten an additional 10mph out of my assorted lil mods. Believe it or not - but it's the same story in the racing world, while bolting on a supercharger will have a very pronounced effect - if everyone has 'em too it's the lil things that make all the difference. Attention to detail wins races and makes for a happier motor.

I likes it ;)

Heck - I gained 2mph from simply switching my knobby tires to ones with a smooth centerband... it does all add up eventually lol It's amazing how much even just a dry chain will slow you down with these lil tiny engines :p

Last edited:

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
You are probably right about little things adding up.

My statement about no NOTICEABLE improvements was in relation to individual mods. The pipe and slant were very noticeable all by themselves.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yea - I jus have a twitch cause I see so many that'll bolt on a few toys and expect the world, neglecting the fine dialing in that means so much.

What good is the expansion chamber if it's restricted before the head pipe? The comp head if the intake is sloppy? o_O

Yet yer dead-on about those to components havin' the most noticeable, significant, and intimidate effect. Even if there wasn't actually a pronounced performance gain (or less of what it could be) due to flaws elsewhere - if nothing else they look/sound radically different lol

I'll admit part of what I like about the SBP pipe isn't just performance alone, immodest enough to lament that no-one can see the time I've spent on the inside of stuff :p

Last edited:

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Ill have to say, I bolted on a slant head to my "80cc" BGF on my chrome cruiser. before 28mph top speed/after 34 mph top speed! yeah, it does sound different but I can feel the difference! Iam ordering another one for my other ride after I do more testing. but so far, "BIG" difference on the plus side.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
zoom on ebay has em from yuan dong factory.
and i must say, after running 2 regular centerfires from the other factory these are a helluva lot snappier on the come up

proximityinfotech4

Jul 7, 2010
jaipur
I am having carb issues (running way too rich (bad float valve))but i can pull my 7th gear now (previously just bogged out) yay!! But when i installed it on my BGF motor the piston hit the head... so I installed another cylinder base gasket onto my motor (total base gaskets= 2), now no more issues! I notice a lot of torque

greentek

Mar 8, 2011
Victorville, California
I purchased the higher compression Head model A-2B from Zoombicycles 80cc Slant Cylinder Cover (A-2B) | Cylinder Parts | Parts and Accessories | EHBC Distributors Ltd
I did see an Improvement. I did notice at least 15-25+% Increase in Stronger take off power. Low, mid and high range power with higher RPMs. I have a SBP Shift kit so I can keep the RPMs down. Sick Bike Parts
I also Have a SBPs Expansion chamber pipe, Sick Bike Parts
and a Boost Bottle from boost bottle industries.
I also used this product from reading a tread on this forum!
Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Adhesive Sealant
Fast-drying, metallic copper sealant helps dissipate heat, prevents gasket burnout and improves heat transfer. Fills minor surface irregularities. Seals instantly. Fills hot spots and surface imperfections. Temperature range -50°F to 500°F (-45°C to 260°C); resists all types of automotive fluids, especially gasoline. Level 3*
Suggested Applications: Cylinder head gaskets, carburetor gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets rubber seals and other high temperature applications.
I used this on the head gasket works great. Also to seal a leak from the rubber seal on the crank shaft behind the magneto or magnet.
Worked great. Very Satisfied!!!