Dragon Bike.

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I used to call her Hussy, Now I just call her the Dragon bike. It just started doing this and I have a couple theories as to why, None that will actually hurt the engine.
First is that my shorty pipe is finally burning out and glowing red hot. That and I have my motor running rich, which leaves some unburned fuel being put through the exhaust.
So I think it's just a real hot pipe and leftover fuel mix being burned coming out of the exhaust.
It looks really cool, but I'll probably have to finally put another pipe on her. I don't think the cops are gonna apreciate the fireworks the way I do. I just had to get it on camera before I changed it, So Ocho Ninja came over and he set it up on you tube.
So here it is, Enjoy.
fatdaddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPC9Vo6hmY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I used to do similar in the 70s by drilling a small hole in the exhaust so that I'd shoot flames when I backed off the throttle hard - unburned fuel in a hot metal pipe, getting hit by fresh air will do that.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I used to do similar in the 70s by drilling a small hole in the exhaust so that I'd shoot flames when I backed off the throttle hard - unburned fuel in a hot metal pipe, getting hit by fresh air will do that.
Yer telling your age crassius. I was in high school in the early 70's and running racing carts around to make the cops chase us. Of course they couldn't catch those things. I don't think the cops today have the same sense of humor they had in the 70's though. And you could NEVER take this bike off road unless ya wanted to start a forest fire.
All ya gotta do to get a pipe like this is to cut up a stock pipe, Run it untill it starts to burn up, Then make sure the engine is running a little rich. Then all ya gotta do is hope the cops in your area have a sense of humor.
fatdaddy.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Just take a torch and burn out all the carbon. If it don't work with just a torch, soak it in some gas and then burn it out again. Perhaps tune your mix down a bit? Unless you're afraid of going too lean, but then you'll just have to keep burning out the carbon every so often.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
For $5 dollars each,yes sir I did. My 2 year old,4 year old,& 5 year old love the cars.
I can only hope that they'll develop better choice in vehicles when they get older. ;)

Fast 6 wasn't bad, btw. Only had one cheezy bit from the original movies: the NOS bottles. lol

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Just take a torch and burn out all the carbon. If it don't work with just a torch, soak it in some gas and then burn it out again. Perhaps tune your mix down a bit? Unless you're afraid of going too lean, but then you'll just have to keep burning out the carbon every so often.
A little rich is better than too lean, so I'll leave it alone. And I'm just gonna switch out the pipe. I'll keep this one around for next years 4th of July.
fatdaddy.