Dead Stop Acceleration: 49cc+2000 Watts

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Nice riding. Would like to hear your opinion on using gear drive hub to charge the battery when only using gas. I know regen systems are used with direct drive motors. I don't want to use the regen system to slow the bike down. But rather as a generator to charge the battery when only using gas. I believe I know a way this could be done but need to talk with others who have technical knowledge of both types of motors.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice riding. Would like to hear your opinion on using gear drive hub to charge the battery when only using gas. I know regen systems are used with direct drive motors. I don't want to use the regen system to slow the bike down. But rather as a generator to charge the battery when only using gas. I believe I know a way this could be done but need to talk with others who have technical knowledge of both types of motors.
The type of Regen I use is only when braking and it is stronger than any mechanical brake and never needs changing of any pads.

Geared hubs cost a lot more and are less reliable with many moving parts. They are lighter in weight though and also get off the line quicker. DD hubs can also handle more watts for higher top end than a geared hub.

DD hubs are used in the fastest electric bikes currently made.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Holy Crap. That is the fastest takeoff I have ever seen on a "Michigan legal" motor bike!
It's about to get a whole lot faster when I throw that Huasheng out and replace it with a 98cc Lifan. LOL

The Huasheng has been ultra reliable but it's basically gutless for a full grown man riding it.