fuel tank chopper schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

tobywalters

Nov 27, 2012
australia
could any body help me find a fuel tank for my chopper bicycle I'm thinking a thin one that comes down to the seat, any suggestions? Toby .trk

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Try a Jesse James bicycle tank, you are going to need to do some filling of holes add bung and filler. There is also the alien tank at lowbrow customs

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The Jesse James tanks are usually on eBay they have been going for around 60.00 lately (don't know why). And the alien tank you can find at www.lowbrowcustoms.com there also knockoffs on eBay for around 100.00

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
a jesse james bicycle tank is the way to go, IF you can weld and do body work. It takes a lot of work to make one of these tanks functional AND look good.
I have one on my occ, that i turned into a functional tank.
I think i have about 20 hours worth of work in it just getting it sealed to hold gas.
another 10-12 hours in body work and paint.
I got mine off e-bay for $10.00 a few years ago.
here's how it looks on my bike.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I built a fiberglass and steel tank for a chopper last winter. It came out okay and looks good but I started adding up all the dollars I spent on that tank plus 30 to 40 hours of labor and decided I would be money and time ahead on my next build to just buy a tank. This one is supposed to be here Wednesday. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wassell-sty...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c71ec550&vxp=mtr

Not cheap, but in the scope of things probably a better way to go for me.

Tom