24" Maxxis Hookworm Tires......

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This is just a heads up for those who have not heard yet of the discontinuation of this tire. I got a call from Maxxis today and was told that the 24" has been discontinued due to lack of demand and they will not be re-produced in the future.

I told them how great that tire works on our motorized bicycles, especially on the asphalt kart tracks we've been racing on and they were really glad to hear that, but they are just about extinct atm.

Is it time to start running 20" rims on our bikes now? Or just put the ol 26" hoops back on the bike? It's really sad to see such a great tire retire :(

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I ended up getting two but I'm not done looking. I'm going to buy everyone I can get my hands on. I paid $52 per tire.
The good thing is my front tire still looks like a new tire but my rear does show some wear but still has 2-3 events left on them. Thanks again for the heads up Scotty.

Here's a good question I have. Is it only me but after the last two mains, I blew out my rear inner tube immediately after the races. Is it the heat of the track or the darn tire?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I ended up getting two but I'm not done looking. I'm going to buy everyone I can get my hands on. I paid $52 per tire.
The good thing is my front tire still looks like a new tire but my rear does show some wear but still has 2-3 events left on them. Thanks again for the heads up Scotty.

Here's a good question I have. Is it only me but after the last two mains, I blew out my rear inner tube immediately after the races. Is it the heat of the track or the darn tire?
Did you check for thorns? I pulled over 200 thorns out of my front tire at this last race. My innertube had 5 tiny pin holes in it and finally went flat 4 days after the race.

I put a brand new tire on the front and used the same tube without repairing it and it is still hard as a rock two weeks later. I haven't de-thorned the rear tire since the thirty or so I pulled out at the track. It was really lucky that I happened to have a large can of fix-a-flat in my car at the race......it was a fluke that saved the day as I wouldn't have been able to race otherwise.

Thorns are evil!

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I have had tubes pop from just sitting in the sun . Some of the inner tubes are just junk I switched over to maxxis tubes so far so good .

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I have had tubes pop from just sitting in the sun . Some of the inner tubes are just junk I switched over to maxxis tubes so far so good .
Thanks,
I'll try that out. I still haven't had a chance to head over to the shop and fix the bike but I will soon. It could be the heat of 12 laps instead of 6 but it's really weird that the minute my tire stops spinning and I get off is when the tire pops. You would think it would be the opposite the minute my butt hits the seat.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
All the ''bicycle'' tubes I found for the L.M. rim/wheel were junk and non of them matched unless they were abnormally stretched out to fill the extra large void until I went over to a motorcycle part #

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
they don't even make Hello Kitty slicks in 24's... :(

i've got one more set of hookworms, and an old set on my cruiser. the rear's pretty toasted, but i might swap them out for a street tire to at least save the front.

then i'll hold onto them for a while and sell them to you guys for $100 each...:)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
all i have is take off's so your always have fresh rubber bro. we don't want anyone hurt using cheezy tires at high speed. ''used tires at high prices'' the american dream. dennis

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea you may be right if they are under $12 i cant see them making them forever its one of them things if they are good i would grab a few before they are gone