Is an huffy superia a good bike first build?

GoldenMotor.com

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
just wondering if ill have to do any major adjustments if i was to attach a bike motor kit to an older green huffy superia. (V frame), Thanks

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
yes that's exactly what it looks like. (handlebars are just a bit different). So i wouldnt need some high end industrial use tools to put the motor on the bike? also is a fuel line standard in a bike motor kit? Thanks again!

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
all the ones that i have built come with fuel,although i have read about people not getting fuel line. you wont need any special tools. just basic stuff.
you might need a chain pin extractor,if you need to shorten the chain,but it can be done with a hammer and punch. good luck with your build and have fun.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i would spend the few bucks and get some better fuel lines and a fuel filter, the stock lines if you get them harden and start cracking in a short time, and a fuel filter is just good insurance

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
Ok I'll consider doing that. Thanks! Had my friend tell me my rear caliper brakes were way to weak so he plans on switiching them out with cantilever brakes from another bike. Suggestions?

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Rear brakes aren't the important ones, it's the front brakes that need to be top notch. And about the fuel filter, don't consider it, do it. You will have issues if you don't put a fuel filter in-line. That screen in the petcock valve thing is not a filter. Otherwise I think you'll have a smooth install. So long as your rear wheel is a 36 spoke

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
Thank you both for the help! ill get the fuel filter for sure when i order my kit. i just ordered new front and rear brakes with levers and brake cables and housing so i should be good

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
So far so good. i bought a 50cc kit . so far we have put the motor on but we had to weld part of the mounting equipment because the bolts werent enough. we have also had to grind down the pedal and bend the muffler as the pedal was hitting.

grimefisher

Aug 20, 2012
USA
Ok so the bike is nearly finished. the problem is that we can get the bike moving with the clutch but not the throttle. The throttle cable moves but the bike just doesn't go? any ideas on whats wrong?