dynamo headlight,need bigger bevel wheel

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I am looking for a bigger bevel wheel for a 12v dynamo. I know that the lights will blow at speed because I fried the original bulbs on a non-motorized bicycle! Any advice will be taken seriously. Thanks to all in advance.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I was thinking that but a fuel pump for a tahoe is kinda up there so I got to go work what I got. I have led lights with built in capacitors but don't won't to risk blowing them too

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I dont know what a fuel pump has to do with a voltage regulator. voltage regulators and capacitors arent the same thing either. a voltage regulator is a small circuit baord you can probably get at radio shack for a few bucks and you wire it between the generator and the lights. then, no matter how fast you go, the voltage always stays the same.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Ahh,you have me there. The fuel pump is out on my vehicle so all available funds are being put to that. Plus 3 kids 4 and under...you get the pic?

And I didn't know about radio shack but I'm no electronic guy. Maybe capacitor is wrong. Umm...ill be back on that.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Another option is to run a light off the white wire. I just got a 50 led, 150 lumen aluminum flashlight at home depot for $10. I dont have it mounted yet, but its ready to go. just too hot to do anything today. its very bright. I tested it before hacking it up. since the light is aluminum, its automatically grounded when it touches the bike frame. all i had to do was connect a wire to the light's positive terminal. you wont have a killswitch anymore, but there are plenty of other ways to kill the engine. I have been letting the clutch out while sitting still, but I think I'm gonna start shutting off the fuel valves and choking it. either way, its an option.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Yeah I might try the white wire. But as for the leds I had,I rearranged my garage and can't find them. So...now I'm searching everything. Might just try a flashlight,I like that.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I was pretty amazed when I saw that the light would run off the white wire. Been thinking basically two things for a headlight. was thinking to either find a light to run off the white wire or find a 12v battery for an old spotlight I have. the spotlight kinda looks like an old motorcycle headlight, and shines pretty far, but isnt bright. that would have been mostly for the look. the reason i liked the idea of running off the white wire is no batteries to charge or change, but didnt think I would find a light to run off the white wire that would be bright enough to make me happy. When I got this flashlight, I was gonna leave it run on batteries and just mount it on the bike as is. but then I started thinking, what if i could run it off the white wire? i figured, testing it shouldnt hurt anything. if it works, awesome. if it dont, im no worse off than when i started and i still have a really bright light. i started my bike, pulled in my clutch, touched the white wire to the terminal and the light to the engine, and voila! it lit right up. sometimes, i just get lucky i guess.