OK, It's been asked Many Times But............

GoldenMotor.com

elchucko13

Jul 26, 2011
Guess
New here and looking for a rear wheel kit 26" best wattage/voltage for $300.00 Yes I know price is (are you crazy) but I've got to start somewhere. Primarily use will be on flat land, small hills, 25+ miles. Thanks

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Try Paul at Emmisions Free also known as Cell-Man. He is highly thought of on Endless Sphere the electric vehicle site.
He's an English chap in China who sells battery packs and hub motors and wheels very reasonably. He is a one man shop and may not get back to you right away. If he doesn't email him again.

Steve.

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Try Paul at Emmisions Free also known as Cell-Man. He is highly thought of on Endless Sphere the electric vehicle site.
He's an English chap in China who sells battery packs and hub motors and wheels very reasonably. He is a one man shop and may not get back to you right away. If he doesn't email him again.

Steve.
Do you have a link where cellman shows some real world testing of the motors he sell ?

I can't find any.

Testing like this.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37952

Drk angel has showed testing results with Currie motors running on laptop cells and is getting real good miles per wh.

I am getting real good miles per wh with Currie motors too.

Before my 500w Golden Motor hub kit died it would use up a 10 ah battery going about 12 miles and it is brushless.

I am really getting hooked on the Currie high miles per charge ! :)

How is Currie doing this ?

http://www.gasbike.net/currie-electro-drive-electric-bike-conversion-kit.html

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sorry, I have no interest in playing what's best. That's kind of like the guys with the "I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy" sign in their rear window. Go for it but I have yet to see a guy pushing a ton and a half of steel down the road willingly.
There are however a few of my personal friends who where the first ones to get themselves into the "other brand" rather than push their broken down vehicle to the repairshop as they so proudly advertised.

As for testing Cell-Mans motors and batteries, he seems to do a lot of that in house to make sure that he is selling a quality product. I base this on the fact that every where I look I see people more than pleased with his product.

Not everyone wants an add on motor like a Currie or a Cyclone. Many are very happy with a hub motor since it's an easy plug and play set up. It seems they are so popular that Currie now offers them and with lithium 36V batteries as well.

Now for the part that will interest you. Another member from here in British Columbia PM'd me with the offer of a Currie motor with controls and when I said yes, sent it to me.
I am now the happy owner of a Currie motor compliments of Billy Thunder. Thank you Billy. He had seen us discussing them and had it set aside for a future build but sent it on to me.

I'm not certain where it will be used just yet but I'm thinking the next trike build will be the perfect spot. I have trike parts for a second build and I'm thinking of something rather radical for a change. Picture low and swoopy with lots of formed fiberglass panels. A polished Currie motor would look super nice on the bike I think.

I spent some years in the fiberglass industry making everything from septic tanks to Cobra kit car bodies or as a friend with a rather perverted wit said I covered everything from S**t to Shineola.

Steve.

Last edited:

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Oh yeah, and the BEST kits for sale are the ones from people that help pay the bills on this forum.

When I see cellman on the right or left with an ad then I will spam him on this forum.

I am real glad I read that book before I ever heard of ES.

ES is so full of wrong info surely it confuses the heck out of people.

Read that book first, just one book so those online kids don't confuse you newbee ! :)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The one that Billy Thunder gave me is finned aluminium. It doesen't look like the ones they sell now so I would say it's the older style.

Noise doesn't bother me and if it keeps people aware that I'm there that is fine. They may have gone to nylon gears now vs steel but then that's technology for you.

I'll keep in touch when I get near the build time.

Steve.

Last edited:

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
bmsbattery.com

get a bafang bpm and a 48v 15ah NicMn batt. 32 mph top end and 16 mile range.

Around 600 or so after shipping.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I don't know where this may go with you. I'm hoping to get some of the electric guys to think gas electric hybred like the cars. Maybe with some kind of alternator you could recharge your batteries. With these bikes already getting 100+ mpg. Think how high the mpg could go up by building such a bike.