Different forks for a Micargi Mustang

GoldenMotor.com

TGM2054

Mar 22, 2012
Iowa
I've got a Micargi Mustang NX3 ordered, but I'm not fond of the front forks. I was thinking about switching to a set of Nirve Switchblade forks.More for the size of the forks,and to be able to put a disc brake up front. I'm hoping I can cut the forks down so the front end doesn't sit so high. Will this work or should I look at something else? Thanks for any ideas.

TGM2054

Mar 22, 2012
Iowa
Yep, thats the one. I was wondering if since it 1 1/8" if it would fit. It looks as though the triple trees are held together with allen screws, so I would be able to cut the forks down.
Just one of many questions to come I'm sure. This will be my first bike build. I've built several race cars and hepled out with a couple of Harleys, but this is a different animal that nobody around, here that I know of has done.

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
i know that bike buyers dot com has the 30" triple tree with disc brake tab on them and they are very reasonable price - but they are for a 1" head tube, if you need bigger then you can get kits to make smaller tube to fit a 1 1/4"...

im not a bike buyers salesman, but i have bought a lot of parts from them and their stuff is good quality at the best prices you can find, they also sell macargi bikes...

http://bikebuyers.com/PART-FY-TPT-570-L30.htm

TGM2054

Mar 22, 2012
Iowa
Thanks for the help. I've got the one coming from Nirve. I liked the way it kicks the front wheel out, plus they had some other parts I wanted. This thing is going to be a cross between a Micargi Mustang and a Nirve Switchblade, only with a motor on it.
Something my biker buddies would call a bar hopper,not so good for the road, just fun around town.