Price of Gas these days......Let's Ride!

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Got to be good for motor bicycles, but yeah this is getting ridicules. Supposed to get to $5 soon.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup...
An increase in fuel costs will really put a damper on the economy.
This is not good!

I just paid 4.07 for low-test shell.
rc

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I must admit the reason I started riding stand-up scooters and then got into motorized bikes was because of my last Ford van with a 460ci V-8 that was putting me in the poor house with 75 gallon gas capacity and 9mpg on a great day. I'm dead serious here. Oh I still own a 4-wheeled vehicle and always will, but I ride my bikes everyday and anywhere I feel like. I love to ride!

It stands true today.....gas prices are riduculous and it's no joke!

dnut

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
If my maths right, you guys are paying $1.11 a litre.... it could be worse, we in Australia pay around $1.50 a litre and at its worst was nearing $2 a litre.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The price Scotto quoted, and the whole point of the thread being expensive fuel, was $4.14 a gallon.

A gallon equals 3.79 litres

$4.14 divided by 3.79 equals around $1.10 a litre

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
On a short trip today I had to stop for gas........WHAT......$4.14 a gallon for premium.....you've got to be kidding! This bike only gets 80mpg.....guess it's not so bad......it could be worse.......it will get worse? Thank goodness for motorized bikes!

http://youtu.be/8Ea_5NA3R1c

dnut
The price Scotto quoted, and the whole point of the thread being expensive fuel, was $4.14 a gallon.

A gallon equals 3.79 litres

$4.14 divided by 3.79 equals around $1.10 a litre
He was talking about premium though, not regular.

Even here in Dallas premiun is as high as $4.39 a gal

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's the price ya pay for living in (near) paradise. The price of gas here in California is a rip-off, and as I recall, the price of petrol in Australia has been rather spendy since the early 80's. Does that sound about right Harry?

And why do they rip us off with the high price of gas?...........because they can!

All grades are over $4.oo a gallon in San Diego......yes I use premium in my race bike.

dnut

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's the price ya pay for living in (near) paradise. The price of gas here in California is a rip-off, and as I recall, the price of petrol in Australia has been rather spendy since the early 80's. Does that sound about right Harry?

And why do they rip us off with the high price of gas?...........because they can!

All grades are over $4.oo a gallon in San Diego......yes I use premium in my race bike.

dnut
Sounds more like **** lol, but a least motor bicycles are legal.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
AMPA (CBS Tampa) — Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn’t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

“Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,” Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

The Sunshine State is opening up its wallet, paying an average of $3.67 a gallon of unleaded gas, 12 cents more than the national average. And it’s only expected to go up.

price gouging to the exstreem