High powered bullet light

GoldenMotor.com

rockonp04

Oct 1, 2010
California
I own a bullet led light. The performance is poor to say the least. Is there a bullet style light that actually has some actual good lighting? i.e. multiple leds that runs on battery.

macAlpine

Sep 6, 2011
pittsfield mass
hey rockon, its pathetic, i know. got the same one. what engine do you have?
4 or 2stroke?
i'm working on a light system for a four stroke bike. check my posts in this section for ideas, cuz there's nothing premade that will cut it at all. you have to make your own. period..........
i searchede this forum and the other one at least for 7 hrs on custom builds. y'gotta do it yersell.
zpt

rockonp04

Oct 1, 2010
California
hey rockon, its pathetic, i know. got the same one. what engine do you have?
4 or 2stroke?
i'm working on a light system for a four stroke bike. check my posts in this section for ideas, cuz there's nothing premade that will cut it at all. you have to make your own. period..........
i searchede this forum and the other one at least for 7 hrs on custom builds. y'gotta do it yersell.
zpt
I got a 2 stroke. I bought a light that takes 3 aaa batteries. I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't do the job then I may put wire it to the white wire.

UriDead

Nov 21, 2011
Madison, IN.
I got a 2 stroke. I bought a light that takes 3 aaa batteries. I'll see how it goes and if it doesn't do the job then I may put wire it to the white wire.
3AAA batteries provides for a 4.5 Volt DC power pack. If you hook it up to the 'white wire' you'll be applying 6 volts to the light.

It will work, but for only a split second.... LOL

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
3AAA batteries provides for a 4.5 Volt DC power pack. If you hook it up to the 'white wire' you'll be applying 6 volts to the light.

It will work, but for only a split second.... LOL
actually the motors white wire puts out ~7.5VAC and goes up as the motor revs, but that is AC, not DC like your batteries!
DO NOT connect it direct!
A simple full wave rectifier (4 diodes) with a 4.5V Zener diode on the output will power your light like champ, and if you use rechargeable batteries it will charge them when the light is off.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
Here is what I did. I found a bullet light that ran on one D size battery. It didn't work at all when I got it, due to extreme corrosion. I soaked the terminals in vinegar and got it working, but it wasn't very bright. So I bought a six volt lightbulb at walmart for a couple bucks. Then I ordered a battery pack on ebay like they use in r/c cars that holds four AA batteries. I connected one wire from the battery pack to the lights switch. I then soldered the other wire directly to the light bulb. Four AA batteries puts out 6v. I was using a 6v flashlight as a headlight prior to this setup. This light is brighter and casts a wider beam than the flashlight. I have a 180 degree beam now. Is it motorcycle lighting? No. But its plenty to see by and bright enough to be seen. Its a very decent setup for the little amount I spent co sidering that the light itself was free.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
I'm going through the same thing. Got a really cool oldschool bullet, but it's about as bright as a birthday candle.
Does anyone have a link to a REALLY dumbed-down intro to LED lighting? I'm thinking of replacing the incandescent bulb with 5 super-bright LEDs, but I'm not sure about my options for powering it.

What about using the white wire to charge the battery from a razor scooter? Anybody tried that? Would it even work?