New 110cc Custom Frame Project

GoldenMotor.com

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ok I'll start off by saying that I am aware that this isn't exactly going to be a "motorized bicycle" but more of a mini motorcycle....but either way...here's my build.

I bought a 110cc 3spd, semi-auto, cheapy dirtbike from a gentleman in the area. The cost of the engine around here is $400 and I got the whole bike for $250. I was told it didn't start....his loss...after a little quikstart and a new spark plug it fired right up. I've built a few 66cc/80cc and wanted something with a little more power. After a little deliberating and a few quick sketches this is what I've come up with. Low and mean....should be a fun build

Attachments

zachary

Sep 16, 2011
minnesota
im thinking of more like hit to many bumps and there goes the bottom tube i would bring it up to about 5 in clearince atleast

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Kinda low. With the engine width added ,turning may be problematic. A slight bump or pothole could make you highside very easily.

TexasChopperGuy

Sep 4, 2011
Richmond, VA
loving the look so far and I can see your vision. I'd actually go up to a minimum of 3" clearance, no more no less. 110cc and 3 speed? that should have plenty of pep for what you're building, cant wait to see more progress :D

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Thanks man. it should get going pretty good.
Got a little more progress done today. Got the jackshaft and engine mounted. Added another bar between the top tube and bottom tube for a little more strength as well as adding some braces to the bottom of the bike. Managed to mock up the rear caliper place and changed the handle bars to something a little lower and more fitting for me. Should have updated pics up soon.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Matt, I'm enjoying your build maybe your next build you could keep the pedals on and have it be street legal with a 49cc 4-stroke engine of course!

C.H.

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
lol...it has pedals now...they don't turn but they're there. Next project is gonna be a little more user and legal friendly. This is more of a just for fun build. Should have more pics up soon...got it running but I under estimated the torque of this engine so I have to beef up the mounts and add an adjustor...should be solved by tomorrow

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
lol...it has pedals now...they don't turn but they're there. Next project is gonna be a little more user and legal friendly. This is more of a just for fun build. Should have more pics up soon...got it running but I under estimated the torque of this engine so I have to beef up the mounts and add an adjustor...should be solved by tomorrow
Matt, how's this build coming along? I'm curious!

BTW, I know the last post was 10-08-2011 old thread, but I just can't get enough of these Honda Mini Trail crf50 chinese cloned engine builds.

Did you decide to add lights, horn, electric start, etc etc... these engines have one or the other 6-volt or 12-volt for running any electrical accessories.

C.H.

MattLGiberson

Apr 23, 2009
Hey thanks for the interest.

Unfortunately this build didn't turn out as planned. A brief and untimely meeting with a truck ended the build. However, I have 2 broad track inspired builds going on right now. I'll have to get some pictures up soon