WOW.... just WOW. This guy can build a bike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sort of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
Wouldn't you like to spend an afternoon with that gentleman? A true talent with metal.
Hats off to him.
Thanks for sharing that vid, Harry.
Tom

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I am very impressed. The guy has obviously mastered a wide range of skills. A lifetimes worth. Design, casting, machining, engine skills, brazing. Heck, what else? Electrical skills, painting. Yep that guy knows his stuff and all the rest of us don't even come close.
Pat

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Whenever I run across a person with these kind of skills and talent, the first thought that comes to mind is "this man has traveled many roads in life
'. And when passes all that talent is lost. I take my hat off to him.

True old school

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Let's not lose those skills. Help the next guy along, pass on the information, and learn from others when you can.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Let's not lose those skills. Help the next guy along, pass on the information, and learn from others when you can.
Well said..... i think this site already has that going for it. I recently finished my first non-kit engine build, and without the help of a few others on here there is no way i could/would have completeted it. Other hobbies such as car building, there doesnt seem to be as much information sharing and help, but on this site most people seem genuinely happy to help out another builder.

I dont think any of us quite possess his skill set but we can do our best i guess dance1

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
If you look close, you can see the guy age more from start to finish! How many years do you think he had into that bike?
Wow I just noticed that. I was so busy looking at the bike.
Somebody should mebbe invite this guy to our forum! ;)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow is right! Just awesome. From scratch.

The reduction and spur gears! I am just trying to learn how to do that and it ain't easy. But looks to be some of the "simpler" parts of that work of art. Hand made/pounded fenders......

Truly amazing stuff. Old world craftsmanship at it's best.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
WoW !

Really impressive work that old fellow did with his lathe and mill !
A master mechanic.

Tnx for the link, Harry.
rc