Florida Poll: Maximum Engine size

GoldenMotor.com

What size of gas motor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I think 66 cuz of the little bit of extra torque helps alot when u need it going up a tall hill or going off road, or down a muddy dirt road. lol. Pedaling down dirtroads that have lots of ruts, is not fun. I tried it and 10 ft later, i was puffing and couldn't pedal. Using the engine helps wonders. It dug a nice deep trail behind me. U could hear the engine at about 10mph just pumping out the hp. lol. Pure awesomeness. Some of my friends brought the idea of me taking my bike mudding. lol Sounds like fun, just gotta know whats under the surface of the mud first, and as long as it isn't as deep as it gets mud on my engine. lol Gotta keep it purdy! jk

Last edited:

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
BTW. thank you fulltimer for making these poll threads.
it helps to know what the people want & sot out differences before taking it to the next level.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Less than 50cc because that's what is already on the books (statutes) for Mopeds here in FL.
It would help to stay focused on ONE thing at a time instead of a laundry list of changes you want to see made.
7777777SEVEN!

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I don't agree. If we can get legislation presented it wouldn't make any sense to only have 1 point in it. Then turn around the next year with another. Then follow that up with yet another. Put everything in 1 package and go for it. Once we set down to discuss this with a law maker and we get the point of view from him things may change. We won't know until that happens. But its better to be prepared in advance with a wish list.

Terry

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
it could be put on the table. though i see it being sacrificial in negotiations. the 50cc rule has been in effect for many many years.
a state rep would have to be ok with putting his name behind it.
a real 70cc 2 stroke (not a china girl) can hit 60-70mph.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
as much as i want larger cc's, wayneC is right.
we shouldn't pick this battle as of yet.
NO! That is EXACTLY where you should START and FOCUS your "battle".

s. 316.003 – Definitions

(2) Bicycle – Every vehicle propelled solely by human power, and every motorized bicycle propelled by a combination of human power and an electric helper motor capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed of not more than 20 miles per hour on level ground upon which a person may ride, having two tandem wheels, and including any device generally recognized as a bicycle though equipped with two front or two rear wheels. The term does not include such a vehicle with a seat height of no more than 25 inches from the ground when the seat is adjusted to its highest position or a scooter or similar device.

Change this ONE! And get IT to include Internal Combustion Engines of 50cc or less. Forget all the other crap in the "polls". Most of which are already addressed in the statutes; age, speed, etc.
Change that ONE and get your foot in the door!
WC

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
i am pretty sure that is what's going on. the office of Rep Matt Gaetz told me that the bill is being constructed now and the changes are going to the house to be approved and then sent to Gov Scott for signature in to law. What I did on my end is I sent an email to Gov Scott's office requesting the bill be passed into law to allow for the gas powered bicycles. What I ask of everyone on here from Florida is to do the same thing. The more people that write him showing interest in having the gas powered bicycles might help our cause. Here is the link to contact him.
Florida Governor Rick Scott - Email the Governor
This is how we lobby to make this happen, by contacting the law makers directly and voicing our concern. Let's make this happen. It will take everyone on here less time to write and send this email then it would to get your kids into bed at night. Also find your local district rep and email them. here is the list of reps in the state.
Florida House of Representatives - Representatives
if you know where their office is located, take time to go over and talk with them on the issue. These are the things I have been doing for the last couple of months and it seems to be working. The time couldn't be more right for all of us to contact them, when they are constructing the bill. Remeber one thing!! There are only 120 Reps in the state of Florida and there is almost 19 million people that live and work in Florida. We out number them so our voice will be louder in numbers if we act now. With the day and age of computers this will be the fastest way to get our voice heard by the law makers. I do hope you all join me in the pursuit.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Do you have an official Bill number yet? It would be kind of hard to ask someone to support a Bill when they don't know what specifically you're asking them to sign.