LA Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I'm thinking about considering organizing this LA Ride if Rocker doesn't reply soon.

If we were to go ahead with riding through Hollywood(blvd?), where should we start? Not sure if that would be the best place to ride because it's often congested and drivers are jerks there in my experience.

Also, how many miles would people be willing to ride?

No way am I driving 3 hours to get to San Diego! Maybe someday, but a 2 hour drive to the So Cal race at the Grange is already pushing it for me.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Well when you want to it's worth it. San Diego offers less traffic,less stoplights less cops, More scenic, more miles, more beer.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Man, I hope rockvoice comes back soon to update this post. I have finally got my bike running and I always wanted to go on this ride. I live pretty close to the corner of Los Feliz and Riverside, where the ride started from once. I could ride my bike to the starting point. It would be really great to meet some local riders.

Gilbert

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Unfortunately, it looks like rain is predicted for next Saturday and Sunday. If it's not raining, I'll be there.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Dang bizcotch, I might have to rethink my "riding in the rain" policy. You are one of the LA people I was really hoping to meet on one of these rides. From what I have read on this site, you make some awesome bikes. I really don't have rain riding gear, but I will look into it.

Gilbert

bizcotch

Oct 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Dang bizcotch, I might have to rethink my "riding in the rain" policy. You are one of the LA people I was really hoping to meet on one of these rides. From what I have read on this site, you make some awesome bikes. I really don't have rain riding gear, but I will look into it.

Gilbert
Haha! Thanks Gbrebes, I appreciate your comment dnut
If this upcoming ride doesn't happen due to rain, I or (we)
can always plan a ride soon after. I can understand why most people don't like riding in the rain... Cold,wet and visibility is not the greatest. Anyhow, like I said, we can plan a ride when conditions are better in which everyone feels comfortable riding in. Personally, I like Night rides dance1, but day rides will do too.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
OK guys unless its raining, meetup at the golfcourse cafe (los feliz and riverside dr @ 10am (i will b there at 930 for coffee) any questions post em now and ill respond tonight or early in the morning.