Denver Area Ride III

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
im using a rag joint to mount the sprocket so its no sitting metal to metal although i need to get a thinner rubber somehow too help with chain alignment

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Van,

My father-in-law, 87, is having some mobility problems and I'm going out to their place to try to come up with a wheelchair ramp thing so he can get his elecrtic wheelchair outside. There's a 3 1/2" drop from their back porch to the concrete slab
Tom
Tom,

I'm a contractor that's right up my alley.

Take an 8ft. 2''x4'' and draw a line from corner to corner, cut it diagonally and you should end up with two "long and skinny" door wedges. Do this twice so you have 4 wedges. Lay in place, cover with ply wood or mdf, and secure it with one way nails or screws. This is a quick, easy, and movable ramp that shouldn't cost more than $20.

Good luck

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
im out....i cracked a race in my freehub....after fighting with it for an hour...i found out that its not a shimano type...i have spares of those...have fun guys

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Well, that sucks. You won't be able to get it fixed in time?? I might just have to reschedule again. I'll call you in the morning to double check, that way I know if I have to call those that are coming to cancel...
:-||

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
We have to do some work on wills bike, when he gets here around 8:30am. Change rims, fix brake, and rear motor mount. Shouldn't take too long to complete

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
good ride today guys....too bad i had to split at the end....found a gash in my tire...duct tape!....im putting the 41 back on tonight...40mph is fun but not worth the trade off....too many hills where i ride normally

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How many and where'd you guys go? It looked like it was going to rain like heck here a couple of times but then cleared up.

Van,
I think you'll like that 41T. I've played with others too but the 41 seems to be the best sprocket for hills and flats at our altitude.
Does that mean more drilling/filing/grinding to make it fit the hub? Rats! :(
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
all ready cut the 41....although its not as pretty as the 36....its all good im gonna save the 36 for when i build a bike with 24" wheels

it was F-rod, will ,NashOpel and i today...it was a good ride even though it was full of mechanical failures lol....all in all a good ride...thanx guys!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
How many and where'd you guys go? It looked like it was going to rain like heck here a couple of times but then cleared up.
Tom
Tom,

The ride was an okay one. There was only 4 of us this time, I think we had fun, I know I did. First my chain, so I had to put the tensioner on. Then George's throttle cable that he just got from Duane broke, so we had to rig that. What's next, Will had lost a front motor mount stud along the way and we had to put the mega clamp on. The around the same time Van noticed he starting to go flat and he left his tools at Berkeley. All of this happened before we even traveled 10 miles or got to eat. We rode a few more miles and had some lunch, then, Van took off back home. Afterwards we made way to George's to fix our bikes. After that, we didn't do much more riding and decided to put this D.A.R. III in the books. Now it's time to add another performance part and get this MTb dialed in. Plus I have to get the cruiser ready to ride again so we can get some more people out with us.

Till next time my friends....

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wow, sorry to hear about all the mechanical proplems. I guess we're wearing out our bikes.
Guess maybe we should all build new ones? :)
I never carry many tools, just a small pair of vice grips, some zip-ties and hope for the best. I'm glad you guys had a good ride anyway.

Ted is supposed to come up tomorrow to see/ride his bike. I hope he likes it. It's not a cruiser like the blue Jag he rode and it's not as comfy but it scoots. I'll let you know.

I got that banana seat installed on the Jag. I'll post a picture later.
Tom

EDIT:
Here's the new seat. It came with a 36" chrome sissy bar but I didn't like it so I made the rear brackets from 1/2" EMT.

Attachments

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I like that, it turned out to be nice. How has Ted's bike become??

I'll be posting a D.A.R. IV soon; depending on the baby's schedule, I was thinking about Saturday July 9th. As well as July 23rd, because that is the day before my birthday. Let me know what you think??

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks, Frank. It's more comfy now that I can slide way back there. It would be nice with just a little more padding for my bony butt. Maybe later.

Ted's coming over tomorrow to see/pick up his bike. We'll probably go for a short ride down here someplace so he can get a feel for it. He'll have to carry it home in his trunk. He has a Lexus that doesn't have provisions for a rack.

Those two dates look good for me. I'll pencil them in.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I like that, it turned out to be nice. How has Ted's bike become??

I'll be posting a D.A.R. IV soon; depending on the baby's schedule, I was thinking about Saturday July 9th. As well as July 23rd, because that is the day before my birthday. Let me know what you think??
sounds good..... and we are gonna have to throw down for a party...my b-day is the 20th of july....