Stingray Motorbike Build

GoldenMotor.com

alljaktup

Mar 27, 2011
San Diego
Inspired by the afford-ability of the Greyhound Harbor Freight motors and a Jesse James Chopper build I saw out there on YouTube among other Stingray bikes... My Son and I set out to build the highest quality motorized bike we could.

Videos can be seen here:
Build Video: http://vimeo.com/21556460
Ride Video: http://vimeo.com/21632766

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Inspired by the afford-ability of the Greyhound Harbor Freight motors and a Jesse James Chopper build I saw out there on YouTube among other Stingray bikes... My Son and I set out to build the highest quality motorized bike we could.

Videos can be seen here:
Build Video: Stingray Motorbike Build on Vimeo
Ride Video: Stingray Motorbike Ride on Vimeo
Outstanding you hit the nail on the head with this build, ie very fine workmanship / fabricating if I may say so myself!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.
.shft.
P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info regarding the Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:
Here's the Link click here:
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/alternate-4-stroke-engine-list-19630.html

alljaktup

Mar 27, 2011
San Diego
Outstanding you hit the nail on the head with this build, ie very fine workmanship / fabricating if I may say so myself!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.
.shft.
P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info regarding the Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:
Here's the Link click here:
http://motorbicycling.com/f37/alternate-4-stroke-engine-list-19630.html
Crazy Horse, thank you very much! We had a blast building it and we really wanted to do our best with our current abilities. Feels good to have someone appreciate it. We might just be taking on another build here in the near future too.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Crazy Horse, thank you very much! We had a blast building it and we really wanted to do our best with our current abilities. Feels good to have someone appreciate it. We might just be taking on another build here in the near future too.
alljaktup, you are very welcome for the compliments on your build / workmanship / fabrication skills, and did I mention the video shows quite a bit of talent as well, with my kinda music soundtrack STP!

Maybe your next build can be with the Stingray Chopper, using the old Honda Mini Trail 50 / Honda crf50 Horizontal fully-automatic trans engine or the semi-automatic 4-speed trans.

Choppersus a Bicycle company that sells frames wheels etc. etc hubs, head tubes to much to list here, you can get the same wheel that the Stingray Choppers come with only Choppersus sells theirs with the disc brake setup.

You can also do a dual drive setup with jackshaft, extra wide pedal crank, to clear the engine, this way you'll still be able to use the pedal drive like a regular bicycle.

Just my suggestions to you and yours my fellow motorized bicycle addict, this addiction can be a very positive experience, and you can spend a little or spend alot of money based on your what you want to build.

Looks like someone has a Heritage Classic Softail (H-D) in their garage!

Congrats again,

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Nice build but it would be a totally off-road bike here or it would have to be regestered as a motorcycle. It is a cool conversion of a bike to a cycle, though ;)

The more I look at these Schwinn chopper bikes the more inclined I am to go in this direction. There's just more room for a Morini motor and expansion chamber. I'm half tempted to go with a half-shaft setup but that might not be needed. Off-setting the motor so the chain clears the tire is an option but I like the idea of using the half-shaft for different gearing options. I have a bunch of 420 chain stuff so making the shaft isn't a problem.

Now I just need a bike......

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I can fabricate a copy of my Raven OCC KTM50 engine mount for you if interested, pm me if you're interested. Check out my thread to see what's involved.