Utah Motorized Bike - Max 2 HP

GoldenMotor.com

galaxy

Dec 11, 2010
Salt Lake City
Utah motorized bike law states a maximum of 2 brake horsepower and 50cc and under. Also no shift kit and max speed 30 mph. I notice all engines are over 2 HP. Any ideas?

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Hi, welcome to Motobicycling, to me, the 49cc sticker is the only thing that counts.
You would not go much over 30 mph with any stock kit motor, and who would be able to tell a shift kit from anything?
You got it made.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
and the sellers are embellishing the capibilites and ratings of the stock product,we need someone to make us some rivit and/or glue on official factory looking metal imfo placks w/47.8 cc ,1.3 raw bhp ,bicycle assist only, a model name , and an official looking name factory looking name similar to the ones that come on some motors,the fellow that makes head badges (Harold?)could make a nice factory looking plackard that would very official looking w/black lacquor filling in the background

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
and the sellers are embellishing the capibilites and ratings of the stock product,we need someone to make us some rivit and/or glue on official factory looking metal imfo placks w/47.8 cc ,1.3 raw bhp ,bicycle assist only, a model name , and an official looking name factory looking name similar to the ones that come on some motors,the fellow that makes head badges (Harold?)could make a nice factory looking plackard that would very official looking w/black lacquor filling in the background
You make a good point!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
That would be safer and offer more pulling power on hills etc,I still think a very visible description motor plack would afford some piece of mind in dangerous hostile detianed situations also,