Skyhawk GT5 66cc/80cc - Throttle Cable Replacement

GoldenMotor.com

rawson43

Aug 22, 2010
Jensen Beach
Throttle cable broke at the handle just below the ball / cap at the end of the cable. Is there a replacement cable I could buy somewhere other than the motorized bike sites (i.e., gasbike.net) - the shipping charges are high compared to the cost of the cable and need a new cable fast.

Or how could I repair the cable using the ball / end cap that I still there.

This appears to be the cable I need
Bicycle Motor Engine Accelerograph Line Throttle Line Parts - Motorized Bike Accelerograph Line Throttle Line Parts - Bike Motor Accelerograph Line Throttle Line Parts - Motorized Bike Parts

Thank you for all your help!!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If you take a look at the video of how to put an end on the throttle cable you will be half way there. You can buy a set of cables at walmart for $5.00 use one of the shift cables they have a small end that will fit the throttle housing ( twist grip end).
If you have a propane torch all you will need is a small amount of silver solder and a small chunk of solid strand copper wire. watch the video and look at some of my other posts they will help you to be able to make your own cables.
Norman

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
If you take a look at the video of how to put an end on the throttle cable you will be half way there. You can buy a set of cables at walmart for $5.00 use one of the shift cables they have a small end that will fit the throttle housing ( twist grip end).
If you have a propane torch all you will need is a small amount of silver solder and a small chunk of solid strand copper wire. watch the video and look at some of my other posts they will help you to be able to make your own cables.
Norman
where IS THE VIDEO ?