just made this motor mount.. for my cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
I dont know how to weld and I am limited to supplies, so I hope this work..
The engine feels and looks like it is mounted very well.. seems very reliable and sturdy.
I havent driven it yet, because I am still in the process of building it, but am wondering if I
should put some sort of rubber between the U bold and the frame?... (for vibration purposes)..
dunno, but theres only one way to found out..

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i think it should be more solid, maybe add another Ubolt under the engine mount. looks kinda flex-y, and in my "experienced" opinion, it should be as solid as possible.

with a solidly mounted motor, the vibrations dampen as they travel through the bike.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
Thanks for the response Bairdco.. I agree about the second Ubolt, and will be doing that 2morrow..
After that is added.. maybe that should be good enough you think? This is 3rd build, but Ive never had to make my own mount.. Thanks. VW

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
lol, yeah.. the pipe is there just temporary.. I wont be riding this bike for about a week or 2, and should have it out of the way by then.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
I'd double the plate for stiffness and add another clamp as low as possible, if I were you.

hey, doubling the plate is also a great idea...
I am going to do as you all suggest 2morrow. Thanks for the advice guys.
I cant wait to ride my new skyhawk..

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I'd make it out of flat steel, at least 1/8". You may find that even doubled that the nailing plates you're using are going to crack with vibration. Use the plate as a template and make it out of some flat bar stock.