Huffy 26" Commuter Bike: Take 3

GoldenMotor.com

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ok funny story, I have tried to make this thread three times. First time the thread just did not post, it was made but not posted. Second time, no more than 5 minutes ago, the power at work went out and bye bye all my work. But maybe it will work this time...

Ok I am stuck. I really want to get this huffy commuter bike but in another forum someone raised concerns on whether a motor would fit. I plan on measuring it sometime this week but I just need to know what are the dimensions of the top and bottom tubes on mtbs that fit motors. I know that it must have a seat tube longer than 11" but its just the other tubes that concern me.

So I am asking anyone who has a motored mountain bike frame the measurement of their top and down tubes... if it works for me it should work for you :D

Thanks in advance for any help or tips you can provide (this will be my first mountain bike frame I motorize... only cruisers before this)

Clark

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ok after taking some measurements on my screen i have ESTIMATED the seat tube to be about 14 inches, and the top and bottom tube to be about 20 inches

how does that sound? i truthfully have no idea about mountain bike frames...

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
According to Amazon "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." So your question is moot. Besides Huffy is a "price" bike. You can do better for not much more money.

cnodie1

Jan 27, 2010
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
According to Amazon "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." So your question is moot. Besides Huffy is a "price" bike. You can do better for not much more money.
well theres two on display and over a dozen in the back at my local academy so when it comes to me motorizing one I think ill be fine. I am however still worried about the motor fitting.