New gas bike - Custom chopper

GoldenMotor.com

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
Well here folks is what i have so far on my custom gas bike, it wont have a pedal drive as im using a scooters rear wheel.

It used to be a Black bike, a jesse james chopper bike

Painted it orange, figured the black and the orange would look pretty awesome

This is a mock up of what it will look like.

More photos of the build coming up in the next few days!

It will have a rear drum brake, as the scooter wheel has one built into it, good stopping power!

I will most likely setup a head light of some sort, probably the one off of the scooter, i just need ot figure out how to generate power, i was thinking of mounting up a 24V motor and have it running against the wheel as it rotates to generate power.

Last edited:

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Before you do anything more, sign up on the West Coast Chopper site and PM Shriner Dan about what you have. He's a mod there.

Don't mess with that bike just yet.

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
If that's the real deal, it could be worth good money as it was originally intended. Jesse might even be interested in buying it back.

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
The bike is from the West coast Choppers merchandising, i don't know if jesse james actually made it, its probably a sweat shop bike.... but i may be wrong

I cut down the lower section of the frame the seat post sits in so the engine would fit on the frame where i wanted it.

when i found the bike it did not have the fake gas tank, fenders, chaingaurd, and was sprayed a glossy black...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcP6nmc31s4 video of a bike like it, except its silver

If i am not mistaken, its a cheaper bike, sold during the West coast choppers craze a few years ago

more images

bikecult/bikeworks nyc/archive bicycles/west coast chopper

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
Allright so im updating the thread, the gas bike is nearly complete and is in a running state now!

Due to the rear wheel being from a scooter, (It was just by chance that it actually fit and was the right sprocket) i have not counted the teeth, but its probably somewhere around 20-30 teeth. This give its a good top speed, but its hard to get it off from a stopped position, the engine struggles to pull the bike at low speeds...but excels at top speeds of 65 km/h +

Note in the picture below in the back of the bike you can see my older gas bike...

and here's a youtube clip

YouTube - mini harley 80cc engine 2 stroke

if anyone wants to know more details let me know and i can get back to you

.shft.

Adam T

Aug 7, 2010
poland
I had one like that too hovewer i let it to be customized by Motor Bicycles and they did quite good job i think that if you look closely on the pagae you will find smth very simmilar to mine :p

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
if my mother was here, shed say dont say anything if you dont have anything good to say. So all I have to say is have fun with it.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
for powering lights, lil pricey but worth the money check out creative creatiions,ebay. they have a seperate generator/stator powered by the motor,charger,battery,lights buy complete set up or buy parts. 6v-12v plenty anough power. i run 6v on my bike.

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
I had no problems with chain rubbing, I built it a mount for it that mounted with two bolts that were drilled into the part where the pedals would go. I also drilled a hole in the frame for the chain tentioner, once i found where it needed to be, this kept it from rubbing w/ the frame.

Man i miss this bike. It met an unfortunate end being squished by my jeep :(

Although it did lead to my unfinished project "Long bike"

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
the back mount consisted of a large bolt going through the frame at aprox a 45 degree, it was attached to the frame u clamp thing, a hole drilled in the center, the motor mounted to this.

<-- drill hole where x is, use a big bolt!

the blue is nuts

fang_x

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, canada
its not into the motor,

Its the clamp that usually goes around the post of the bike, which the two studs that come out of the motor attach to, i drew it in the top left corner, sort of lol.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
yeah those bikes were sold at wal mart for like $89.00 a few years back...it was nothing special.

Last edited: