Cops/Pulled Over

GoldenMotor.com

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
Maybe this will put some of you Illinois ridders at ease I got pulled over today in Wood dale Il Wasnt doing anything wrong he pulled me over to tell me all was well and just to remember if I am Ridding on the streets I have to obey all the laws just as if I were driving a car he did yell at me for not wearing glasses which I should have been. Nothing about how many cc or horsepower He knew it was a small engine and thar was it. So I believe if you follow all the rules and dont do anything stupid you wont have any problems use common sense you dont drive around in rush hour traffic or go zipping around the Jewel parking lot doing donuts. Ride Safe.trlrl.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
re: Cops/Pulled Over

Gaw - I hate it when they do that, it freaks me out every time :p

Still, what you've described is good advice and a sure way to live a lil longer too! I get my crazy out on the trails & cruise the streets & that way I jus' get smiles wherever I roll...

mostly... ;)

skyhawk217

Aug 24, 2009
Decatur, IL
no issues thus far in Decatur. ive motored by plenty of pigs, usually giving a heads up to them. some respond, some stare, but no issues. excpt for the knucklehead who was running on the opposite of traffic drunk and evading a police chase. they got him and he had warrants galore, so as Hawk would say "He gone!" another story i heard was about a crack dealer using a MB to deliver crack rocks around town. outside of that, smooth sailing. might wanna puff grass before or after and leave the cabbage at home just to be safe.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I really like cops. They have an incredibly boring job with many hrs of tedium broken up only by moments of sheer terror. MBs here in CT are welcome and legal but ridding around NY state and NYC where they are not good to go, cops were the same. If I acted right, they really don't care much. I get/got the smile and thumbs up or the "look away" like don't make me have to deal with this. lol

Last edited:

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Most cops 99% don't bother even looking at me, there only three of us that I know of. I went to the local precinct to ask it they were legal in NYC and they said no, yet I have not been pulled over ever. I have mine registered with the DMV so I do have a license plate.

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
.trlrl.I kinda wish Il would let you get plates it would make life alot simpler no wondering if your gonna get stopped you would be 100% legal and it would just be up to you to follow the rules. Im surprized they dont do it here there crying broke Id give them the money just to have the peace of mind.

eldo

Aug 23, 2009
illinois
.trk.trkDont have much need for a helmet here stop signs about every 2 blocks so if I wear glases and keep my6 mouth shut that will work lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Eldo. Spring has sprung here and just re-learning can't ride around grinning. Eat 3 bugs today alone and had to put on the goggles.

(not to ramble on your thread, (lol, I know and Apologize) But I really have found that wearing is helmet is safer in that it lets cars pulling out that your not on just a bicycle. just sayin)

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
Technically, you do not need to wear eye protection on a MB on IL. You only have to be 16 years old. The eye protection rules are for mopeds and motorcycles; these are specifically classified as *not* motor vehicles.

That said, the more respect you give to safety, the more respect you'll get from law enforcement.
and referring to them as pigs dont help, i was in law enforecement for a few years, ihated that term. BUT if one showed me respect, i gave it in return, i even gave it when it wasnt shown to me. ive often found it funny when those around here, would HATE to be anywhere near a cop, BUT would cry when one didnt show up fast enough, for trivial matters. cops though around here too, ( MB laws are lax) wont care unless youre doing somethign stupid. bikes have to follow same laws as autos. speed, stopping etc.duh.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
I have passed by many police officers and local county sheriffs, i have yet to be pulled over or even aknowledged by them. I keep to myself, and dont do anything stupid. I just go where i am going, and watch out for other drivers. I personally dont worry about the police, i worry more about otehr drivers who are on their cell phones and just dont pay atention. Treat the officers with respect they will do the same to if you call tham a pig than be prepared. Ive seen people arrested for that one word before......