MICARGI DOWN TUBE SIZE??? So can get Ubolts.

GoldenMotor.com

PBbikeguy

Mar 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
I need to get some Ubolts to fab up (jerry rig) my frame mounts, anyone know what size so I can pick some up on my way home rather than going home and getting out the tools to roperly measure and heading back out to the hardware store or muffler shop? Its a generic micargi pantera, thanks!

Jan 23, 2010
Tennessee
I am going to build a Micargi Pantera (7 speed) too. Bike and kit are at the house. I'm not :(. I was hoping the "Universal Plate U Bracket for Larger Frame Tubes ", supposedly included in my kit would work. Please let me know what you fabb'd up. I might need to do the same. THANKS

scratg .weld .bld. .we.

Jan 23, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks GhostO. I think I will get one of those. I won't be at the house for a few weeks. It would be nice if that part would be there. I need to figure out how to get the downtube width. Can anyone get a downtube width measurement on a Micargi Pantera?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
i have a migargi rover, downtube size is 1 1/2" in diameter. i picked up a couple billet clamps from Buggy Billet Alum. Accessories - Page 1 for cheap and went from there.... i had to dremel the ends of the clamps a little though cause the bent downtube distorts the metal a little, but no big deal....as far as measuring your downtube diameter, you can get accurate meaasuerment with a digital caliper...http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93293 , my downtube measured 37- 38mm (also around 1 1/2")... hope it helps, keep it kustom, rock on!!....

Attachments

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
i have a migargi rover, downtube size is 1 1/2" in diameter. i picked up a couple billet clamps from Buggy Billet Alum. Accessories - Page 1 for cheap and went from there.... i had to dremel the ends of the clamps a little though cause the bent downtube distorts the metal a little, but no big deal....as far as measuring your downtube diameter, you can get accurate meaasuerment with a digital caliper...- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices , my downtube measured 37- 38mm (also around 1 1/2")... hope it helps, keep it kustom, rock on!!....
My Huntington is the same size. It's only a guess, but for most of the Micargis I've heard about, an inch and a half is starting to look like the standard downtube size with them. I'd bet the if the OEM motormount won't fit as is, that's probably the size you have.

stokey

Feb 24, 2010
wyoming
Tommy Boy
Looking at the first page of their web-site I was trying to decide which one of the Buggy Billet Alum mounts you used. The first, second or third one listed? and of course the appropriate part number for size.
thanks.
bill

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats happenin bill, on the site you can purchase either the first or second one. one is chrome and one is polished.i would recommend the polished cause if you have to dremel the clamp at all, then you dont have to worry about the chrome plating coming off. i used size 1 1/2" clamp, though i would measure your downtube first to see where your downtube is at. if you have a rover like mine, then its probably gonna be 1 1/2" size clamp, but again, please do measure so you know your getting what you need the first time around. rock on!!!!......