Manic Mechanic Engine Mount

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Jus' a quick FYI ;)

If yer experiencing mount sheer issues, odds are it's got nothing to do with the bolts/studs - even if they're the cheap chinese ones...

It's most likely incorrect mounting technique (like soft rubber "mount" attempts), incorrect method of checking torque (frequently tightening "jus' a lil more" instead of a torque wrench), and/or a off-center rear sprocket (causes a "jackhammer" effect).

Best to figure out why the fasteners fail instead of just getting "stronger" ones :)

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
ok, well I am not an idiot, and I know how to install a lil 2 stroke engine on a 26' bike. I even used loctite on every bolt. I learned that loctite can save my life on my last build lol! I used Jim's Engine mounts, and they are super beefy. The mounts are designed to be used with special rubber supplied with them, so I cut it up, and used it. :) At first there really wasn't that much vibration. Now since that grade 5 bolt sheered off, vibrations have increased. Now, I have a 100 amp mig welder. Should I attempt to weld the right mounting ear ( thinner cast) to Jim's mounting plate? billet+cast+ weld= superior strength? Maybe go to harbor freight and get a spool of aluminum wire? or go the alumi- weld route?

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
No. What you do is take the engine off the bike. Use the welder to weld to the broken bolt. The weld will stick to the steel of the bolt, but not the aluminum of the case. Build up the stud until you can grab it with a pair of vice grips and remove it. You can also weld a nut to the stud, and use a wrench to remove the broken stud.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
just fixed it! Welded up the stud with a nice bead, grabbed some vice grips, and removed it. I adjusted the chain a bit, and used a silver, grade 5 allen bolt, w loc tite, and a lock washer. Thanks Gareth, I would have never tried that!

Last edited:

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
He runs the orders in batches of 50 so yes it is much slower but they are defiantly worth the 7 months I waited.

fattboy

Jan 14, 2010
Los Angeles County
He runs the orders in batches of 50 so yes it is much slower but they are defiantly worth the 7 months I waited.
Just got mine last Friday. Ordered it in January. It looks gret. Well worth the money and even the wait. Anyone have pics of their new Manic Mechanic engine mount system installed yet?

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I have a few pictures of my installation.I'm currently in the process of trying to sell my motorized bike because I'm losing my house very soon turning 18 and need to have money for somewhere to stay..Its terrible here in Illinois..Anyway his products are much worth the wait guys and I've had no problems with the motor mounts they dampen most of the vibration produced by these motors and all I can is wow had a great time using them on my setup.Totally worth the money!

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
*****ing gets you nowheres You have too have the part it sucks to wait you know about all the rants but you still order when it comes you will say how sweet it is and worth the wait. Trust me I learned the hard way. Please don't take this post personal.

Just wait it is wort it.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.