E-boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
this is my 4th boardtracker, decided to go Electric with a spare 24v geared motor I had..

this is the test run I dod today!!

all is left to do is build a timber veneer rectangle fuel tank to house the 2x12v AGM 7ah batteries and the controller and I am away!!

been a real fun build!!

SPECS

Frame: custom stretched and lowered, BMX BB shell
Wheel, 3sp sturmey archer
Cranks, DK BMX race cranks, freewheel adaptor welded on
Motor: 24v 250W Oatley
Chains - YBN half link chain (no more chain tensioners, perfect chain length every time)

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nice and tidy, thanks for the vid! I didn't notice the freewheel at first and wondered a bit when ya went and stuck yer hand in there lol

I need mo' coffee o_O

Lookin' forward to seein' more of this build ;)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I like your battery box idea. I might just take my basket off the rhino bike and put a pirate chest back there. That might look pretty cool trailing behind the bike.

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
thanks for the comments,

BARELYAWAKE: chain is super tight from motor ro freewheel crank, once it is slightly stretched should be slightly looser tension (hence stop making the cranks spin)

I wired up the controller and doesnt work, I must have the brake wiring mixed up to the throttle wiring, (very crappy wiring diagram)

anyway, I have made a leaf spring front end and have got a front wheel and some 27" tires for the old girl so Will pull her down shortly to clean up welds and get ready for paint!!

DEACON: this frame was meant for a new freewheel pull start 50cc motor I bought but i started the frame before the motor arrived and wasnt going to fit, then mocked up the 24v motor and fitted perfectly, so make a mount out of 316 stainless plate i had lying round!! and by shear ass the batteries I wanted fitted in the tank compartment where i was going to put the fuel tank!!

D

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Looks great.

On controllers most throttles have three wires and maybe a forth yellow one for the battery status indicator. Most brakes have only two I think. If you have tags sometimes they call the throttle the derailleur, why I have no idea. Good luck with it looks like a great bike project.

fleebell

Nov 5, 2009
Wilmington NC
Looks great.

On controllers most throttles have three wires and maybe a forth yellow one for the battery status indicator. Most brakes have only two I think. If you have tags sometimes they call the throttle the derailleur, why I have no idea. Good luck with it looks like a great bike project.

Yea, the controller should have red +, black -, and green or blue wires (signal back to controller) that do the throttle part. Any extra wires are normally for the voltage indicator on the throttle grip body if it has one. The reason it is labeled derailleur is that most of the Chinese bikes don't have throttles from what I can find out and the throttle wires are hooked to the derailleur or a small swing arm that rides the chain line and moves up or down with it's tension in a pedalac setup where the motor is controlled by how how and fast you pedal. You will have two different brake connections. One that hooks to the brake levers and one that operates the brake lights. Just don't use too high a wattage on the brake lights. I've messed up couple of controllers trying to use real auto type brake lights with bulbs. I use the led type lights now and I haven't done that since then.
Lee

damonjackson_spl

Dec 2, 2008
Hoebart Australia
Hi there,

this was a project that I thought I'd never really finish, but only 3 months later it is DONE!

it was an experiment to try these 24V geared brushed motors on a chain drive setup with a hand made freewheel crank, and it works with great success..

not a daily commuter, but a great head turning bike for fun riding!!

its currently for sale on ebay.com.au item number 170452873869, no reserve!

YouTube - S5001857.AVI