whizzer clutch

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI Weedy, yeah! Just "roll" the belt off of the rear pulley (sheave) any time that it might become necessary to pedal any distance (like out of gas). Don't cut a 20.00 belt!

You can roll your belt without tools, practice at home on the stand so you are ready for anything!

Mike

Hi Guys, Just a quick word of caution, although it is easy to "roll" the belt from the rear sheeve, the sheeve is very sharp. The reason I mention this is because not only did I run out of gas, but wished I had a band-aid to slow the flow red liquid from my body. Any way the edge of the sheeve is sharp, so be careful. I always pull the top of the rear belt towards me and roll the bike backwards, I just make sure I keep my hands away from the sheeve in the process, and the belt "rolls" off the sheeve.

Have fun,
Quenton

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Thanks guys, the sheave edge is luckily not sharpened yet. I didn't even consider that method.
I imagine all this time I had it a little too loose because pedaling was always easy until I replaced the bottom nut. :D

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Re: whizzer clutch...check your nuts!

Unless Wheezers have changed sinc my 1949 model, the front belt is tensioned first by sliding the top rear and bottom mounts and then the rear belt is tightened with the axle. I can't imagine why you can't remove a belt rather than cut it and unless you buy cheap belts, there is a cable inside it. At the very least, open the compression release and let the engine windmill if it drags.