Need Enging Mount FELT Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Finally got my Ridleys Engine Mount...I had the motor installed. The engine does not shake or move at all..IT IS SOLID LIKE A ROCK...I had some minor scratches but it is OK..I am inexperience with all this...But now fully satisfied. The best part is got my engine installed..VERY SWEET.

Attachments

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Venice you are correct. The mufflers are hitting the frame (actually the mounts) and the pedal...So I think the solution is get an after market mufflers. Perhaps Sick Bike Parts mufflers...So here it is getting near to completion. I am just waiting for Manic Mechanics Sprocket Adapter and 38t Sprocket. By the way it has been more thank 3 weeks since I ordered. Hopefully I will receive the adapters by the end of this week. Then will get a worksman front drum brake, then this built is done. Here are some pics with no mufflers and sprocket...I need all possible comments from the members of the forum for I might have done something that does not look appropriate. Your advise is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Why is the tank mounted backward??? Because of the valve hitting the frame?
You could just just use a angled 'nipple' fitting in the tank without the shut off valve & get one of the new carbs with a shut off valve on it, & mount the tank forward again. (it will look a lot better!!)

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Why is the tank mounted backward??? Because of the valve hitting the frame?
You could just just use a angled 'nipple' fitting in the tank without the shut off valve & get one of the new carbs with a shut off valve on it, & mount the tank forward again. (it will look a lot better!!)
Venice Boy,
Dude you are a genious!! I am not really happy with the tank going backwards. Now I did get the tank set up appropriately and the bike is now looking ONE **** OF A MB!! Looks really like a MAN EATER sort of a Racer . I am very happy with this forum and all the assistance of the EXPERTS!

Best Regards Venice

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
BarelyAwake - Thanks. This is my first built and getting addicted. I will probably do another bike once I get more experience. I LOVE THIS HOBBY (more than my wife)...LOL

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
This is how I have gone so far...this is how it looks now! I am just waiting for the sprocket and the bike is ready to go...Just finished applying a KREEM liner on the TANK just to make sure it does not leak. Next I will wrap the exhaust with Header wrap (in black color), then it's DONE...xct2

Attachments

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Hi Kevron,

IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0710.JPG IMG_0708.JPG IMG_0707.JPG
The Ampt mounts seem to put the motor where you want it..

The mount provides a Solid Connection with Offset Mounts and a 2 Minute install. Looks trick as well!

The u bolts work great but they are more designed for the less expensive bikes. Its a solution to a problem. Surely not a pretty one by any means.. I would never consider putting a u bolt on this bike. Not even for a second!

Ridley mounts have no offset..

Simple is sweet.

Justin

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Thanks Troy. I have been settled with Ridleys mounts since 4 months ago. As of now I am upgrading my FELT with a SBP shift kit along with the Ridleys front mount. Using the shift kit rear mount along Ridleys front mount makes mounting the engine very easy as it moves up and down, easily you can redirect or point the engine side to side. By this engine alignment is very easy. As you know one of the most important thing with shift kit is alignment.

I am not completely done with this project but here is a pic of it. I change the entire front end set up and have upgraded it using Felts Abraham Linkage Double Springer Forks, Felt Drop zero stem and Felt Low Rise Handle Bar. As for the rear end, I am using a Shimano Nexus Inter 8 Premiun Red Band Edition. This hub is the flat form to Shimano's top of the line "Alphine HUB". I am also using a Nexus Deluxe Roller Brakw with Air Fins. The tanks are a work in progress. Cheers!

Attachments

doofedek

Mar 19, 2010
Va. Beach
Kevron99 - i read recently in another forum that the ridley mount for the felt did not work well with the SBP shift kits. the user said the the ridley mount caused the engine to pitch left under heavy throttle conditions. This caused the chain to come off under heavy load/throttle. Have you experianced anything like this? I am in the process of building a Felt slater with SBP shift kit and need to determine which mount to go with.
Thanks!

scooter09

Feb 19, 2010
Minnesota
I bought the mounts from AMPT,Thinking they were cheaper.They were...However,I did not need the 5/8 offset,Because I installed the shift kit.I had to cut,re-weld & clean it up,Basically I had to take the offset out.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Kevron99 - i read recently in another forum that the ridley mount for the felt did not work well with the SBP shift kits. the user said the the ridley mount caused the engine to pitch left under heavy throttle conditions. This caused the chain to come off under heavy load/throttle. Have you experianced anything like this? I am in the process of building a Felt slater with SBP shift kit and need to determine which mount to go with.
Thanks!
I have no issues with Ridleys on my FELT LUXE Cruiser. I had my shift kit for about 3 months now and with 320 miles on it. The mount is locked solid and have not experience any problems. Keep in mind that my Luxe is a steel frame and not aluminum. Do you know what kind of FELT frame that are sliiping to the left? As of right now my next bike will be a FELT SLATTER. I will be using the same Ridleys and a Pirate Stage 3 with SBP Shift Kit. Perhaps we can exchange some thoughts in building these bikes.

doofedek

Mar 19, 2010
Va. Beach
Felt Slater

Kevron - we're thinking along the same lines. I am also waiting for the Pirate peformance engines to come available. I don't have the Slater yet...I ordered it well over a month ago as it was on backorder. Question on the monarch forks you have on your luxe -- I am thinking about switching out the wheels on the Slater with 24" thick bricks...do you think the larger tire will work with the forks that are on the slater (they look to be the same as what you have on your luxe)? If not I may go with a 24" wheel in the back and the 26" wheel up front. I like the look of the larger tires and think it will help with the overall ride of the bike.