3 inch rear tire clearance

GoldenMotor.com

MyrmidonJuan

May 3, 2009
xxx
Has anyone successfully mounted an engine to a bicycle with a 3 inch wide rear tire? If so, what kind of bike and what kind of motor?

I'm looking to put on either a Nirve Fatass tire or Felt Thick Brick to my Felt cruiser. Does anyone have anything to say regarding this?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
The rear tire on the Schwinn O.C.C. is 4 1/4" wide. The motor has to be offset about 3/4" from the centerline of the frame. In other words you will probably need a special motor mount similar to the one we build for the O.C.C.'s

John

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I would agree, I have seen many, many MB's...that one is my all time favorite. I just absolutely love that bike...it speaks to me lol.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Haha :) Thank you very much for your kind words but lets not derail this gentlemans thread. I am always happy to talk about my bike in that thread.

It speaks to me too. It always says the same thing. Let's go for a ride!

MyrmidonJuan

May 3, 2009
xxx
Oh maaaaan! I still have to read the post, but I want my next build to be clean like that!!! Clotho, you better believe I'll be hassling when I start piecing together.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jaun, I Meant To Say Welcome To The Forum. And Post Pic`s Of Your Build Progress. "bears Love Honey, We Love Pictures" Lol But I Looked At Clotho`s Pics From Last Year And Lost Control. Sorry About That. Its A Good Thing Clotho Got Us Back On Track. Haha He Is Not So Bad!! Even If Has One On The Baddest Builds Around. If You Are Building A Mab This Is The Place, Great People. Ron

MyrmidonJuan

May 3, 2009
xxx
She's up and running...I guess now it's a matter of riding and making adjustments and upgrading. I broke the stock chain tensioner on the second day...man that thing was piece of junk. I beefed it up with a rubber roller that spins on bearings and loaded a spring on an adjacent bolt.

I'll get some pics up soon...I just saw that I'm going to have to resize them so I'd rather get some better shots if I'm going to have to go through that.