Fork issue : How to dismantle it ?

GoldenMotor.com

Lars-Vivendi

Mar 10, 2015
germany
Hello all,
i am still re-doing my old 1956 Thoria, and now i am stuck with the fork. While it wasnt giving me any problems to take it off the main frame, and all srews i could see were taken off easily, i still cant take out the lower tubes from the main stand tubes. No idea what i am supposed to dismantle / unscrew or losen up, i took a few pics that show how far i came, maybe somebody can tell me what to do next ? Thanks, cheers,
lars

Attachments

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
the bolt on each leg by the axle- unscrew 2-3 turns and hit in to loosen the leg. then unscrew and yank the lowers off.

Lars-Vivendi

Mar 10, 2015
germany
Hello Frank,
thanx so much for that swift reply. Unfortunatly, due to my very limited english skills, i am no sure if i got the message right. Did you say that the lowest part of the inner tube can be turned off ? I marked it in the picture attached - is that what you mean ? If so i guess it means that i have to fix the upper part of the inner fork leg in a vise, i hope i dont ruin the piece while thats done... Thanks for confirming or telling me i was mistaken, cheers again,
Lars

Attachments

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i see. i have never seen that fork b4. i will try to help. forget what i said ealier - i see now it is inverted suspension.

on my own inverted fork there is a c-clip fastener hidden between the large leg and the small leg.

look for it first and try to remove the c-clip

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
if that does not help- maybe an bolt deep in the large leg. or a allen key type bolt.

i see you circled the welded seam in the picture but that is good. it should be like that. :) right now focus on getting the two legs seperated.

Last edited: