Silver State bikes on display

GoldenMotor.com

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
This is a big weekend for car shows here in Las Vegas. We have two that are very different - and separated by 6 miles of the Las Vegas Strip.

A few of the local owners & riders sort of wanted to do both shows, so we all decided to try it. Scott was nice enough to offer to pay the entrance fees if we did a group ride, so we decided to meet at his shop in the morning...

7:30 was kind of early, but I got there with the Sidehack so we could load the box up as a cooler

A couple of the bikes were really raw. One owner had just started his engine for the first time on friday, and was going to make the ride before he tore it down for paint. The mill marks were still on the frame tubes

Got to Rat City Ruckus early, and picked out a good spot to drop everything

It started to fill up, and this was the view from under the canopy - the Stratosphere in the background

I have some more images to post, be back in a little bit

Brad

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Ok, here are some more.

One owner went a different direction with his kit, and put a lot of work in to it. Yes, no pedals because we don't need them here in Nevada. He only has about 3 inches of ground clearance, so the cranks would be useless

18 inch motorcycle wheels & tires as well. It is quick with that little 79cc 4 stroke too.

The RCR show brings out everything from smooth rods to nasty stuff:

And they don't mind if you pedal your MB around the show.

After a few hours there we jumped on the bikes & rode south through the 4pm strip traffic to the Orleans for the Viva Las Vegas car show

No pics from inside Viva, camera batteries were done. Headline act was Imelda May, so we hung out & listened to the music as long as we could. The guy on the china girl had a 15 mile ride home from there so he headed home while there was still light.

A good saturday. 6 bikes, a 12 mile round trip in traffic with no failures. The little 79cc 4 strokes kept up well with Scott's shifter bike. 100% board track / vintage style.

Brad

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
A few more Wheelbender

Scott was giving away red rags with his logo screened on - they were popular

The really raw bike is a belt drive primary, wish I had a better pic

It was quiet, and smooth. Have to see how it holds up.

And the opposite of quiet & smooth... a turbo 6-71 in a hammered KW

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Finally found the missing memory card. I took some pics of the little bike.

Rigid on both ends, so the 18 inch MC tires help the ride. They are about 24" OD.

He put a lot of work in that rear fender. He said the chain guard was "easy".

The engine is a 79cc Lifan. The center stand is actually made from a Bren Gun bipod. The guy has some skills & imagination.

The belt drive bike was also a 79cc Lifan. 120 bucks at Home Depot. They seem to keep up with the rest of us just fine.

Scott did not organize this, but he does go to a lot of local car shows. He has always supported his customers, things like paying the race entry fees for Silver State bikes.

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Cool pics!

You're getting me even more pumped about my Silver State Cycles build! I'm working with Scott on my XR80 project. He was even able to source a shifter from a friend that should work with this engine and should clear the pedals.

A bunch of cool thing are in the works like: Ecotrons EFI kit, F+R disc setup, new SSC girder front fork with gas shock, etc.

I have to reserve final judgement until I get everything back, but so far Scott is the man!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

He put a lot of work in that rear fender. He said the chain guard was "easy".

The engine is a 79cc Lifan.

The belt drive bike was also a 79cc Lifan. 120 bucks at Home Depot. They seem to keep up with the rest of us just fine.

Scott did not organize this, but he does go to a lot of local car shows. He has always supported his customers, things like paying the race entry fees for Silver State bikes.

I am curious to how the 79cc motors run with such a long intake?
Have you tried a short intake and what was the results?

Yeah, looking forward to seeing Scott and the Silver State crew at the
race in 10 days.
I hope you can make it too.

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Neil:

The long intake runs great. The intake length is tuned for 4500 rpm on that bike. The intake is 12 inches long from the back side of the intake to the air filter mount.

Without a dyno it is hard to say what the extra tuning is worth. It does sound different than the same engine with a 4 inch intake.

I am planning on heading down to the race at the Grange. I will bring some flanges and parts with me.

B.