Feb 1, 2010
wa
I've followed the video on this site for some time, ...but
I am a devoted fan of 'World Cycle Video' on Vimeo. I
hate to tell ya guys, but those videos are for the most
part way more interesting than most of the motorized bicycle vids I see
here. IN most motorized bicycle vids you might get a walk around and
rolling shots mostly of asphalt, neighborhoods,& the road
straight ahead. World Cycle Videos actually display scenery.
You meet people and see places encompassing the entire
globe. There are a greater variety angles and zooms.
Besides being fascinating, it would behoove anyone
planning a video to pick up some of these techniques.

P.S. You really should check out that site. there
some amazing adventures to be found there.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I agree. I'd really like to see more creativity in our vids. Most of what we've seen here falls into the "seen it before" catagory with long boring scenes of frontal views, limited scenery and many times no sound or music except for the engine sounds.

Having made a few videos myself I can say that they take a lot of time and effort. Editing, dubbing music, and scene selection is a talent that is a hobby unto itself that many just don't have the time or ambition to devote to a project that can take several hours to put together.

I've always appreciated a well thought out vid with scenes from the side of the road views mixed with those from the bike or helmet cam. I've always wanted to do some on the road scenes taken from a camera car riding next to the bike or bikes but that involves at least two other people; a driver and camera operator and more time editing and combining scenes. The logistics of that can be demanding on friends or neighbors, especially if you have to do re-takes.

Maybe we should have a video contest and offer a nice prize for the best vid. I'd hope that would generate some interest in producing a motor bike video that could compete with those of a more professional nature.

Any thoughts?

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The member that lives in Tiawan has posted some great 20 to 30 minute videos of his rides around the island. It's different than what I imagined......I actually wouldn't mind a visit there.

I plan to be in NM & CO the last part of September.......may just have to haul the bike with me!!

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Yeah,
I liked the Taiwan one in that he made an effort to show
us the sights to be seen. Some of the Videos cyclists have
made of Asia are epic journeys worthy of Marco Polo.
Imagine pedaling the old silk road across the Gobi Desert
alone. That kinda stuff takes serious huevos. There just
so many mind blowing things on that site. I just want to
toss my bivy on the bike and take off..... again. (is 65
really the new 40?)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
In the future hope to use several cameras with multiple riders and a good editing program. Both helmet and fixed cameras on at least two bikes will make the best material for an editing program.