Motorcyclist meets bicyclist in the worst way.

GoldenMotor.com

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Eh... cudda bin wurs; an airplane mita fallen on 'em. Guess the guy on the
motorcycle forgot his guide dog,

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That hurts to watch it
That bicyclists helmet probably save his life seeing that he landed head first on the back of his head.

The motorcyclist could have easily let inertia take him off into the dirt but instead he chose to plow into the bicyclist. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I watched that vid several times and it looks like a text book case of being distracted while driving.
You and me both and I still don't get it. There are several camera men and a woman taking shots from the same area as rnickeymouse but the motorcyclists head is looking directly at the back of the bicyclist. I'll take the dirt and rocks any day before running into another person. LMAO

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Could have been one of those situations where steering could have caused a wipe-out, unfortunately he caused a worse wipe-out avoiding a wipe-out. His concentration was on the bike, not the bikers probably.

Ever take a corner at speed and to steer too far out of your projectory might cause a wipe-out?
Further intensified in icy conditions where you can't even use your brakes and hope you make the curve.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Crystal clear day, dry road and a relatively slow speed collision. Do I choose the dirt and a possible wipe-out or do I plow into this guys behind that I'm closing directly in on? LMAO

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If it ever goes to trial the jury will have a hey-day with that vid. Clearly the MCer is at fault but the question is, what was he thinking? What could have distracted him for so long that he failed to see the bikers in front of him?
At least he wasn't texting. I saw a big heavy guy on a full dress Harley a couple of evenings ago. Riding one handed, his right one, and texting with his left. He came up to a stop sign next to me and I had to say something. "Are you stupid, or what?"

His reply was the universal middle finger and a "f**k you" as he drove off, phone still in his left hand and throttling with his right. Ignorant!

Tom

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If it ever goes to trial the jury will have a hey-day with that vid. Clearly the MCer is at fault but the question is, what was he thinking? What could have distracted him for so long that he failed to see the bikers in front of him?
At least he wasn't texting. I saw a big heavy guy on a full dress Harley a couple of evenings ago. Riding one handed, his right one, and texting with his left. He came up to a stop sign next to me and I had to say something. "Are you stupid, or what?"

His reply was the universal middle finger and a "f**k you" as he drove off, phone still in his left hand and throttling with his right. Ignorant!

Tom
Nothing scares me more when I ride then Texter Cagers in Los Angeles! Not enough to completely stop me from riding though. I just try not to think about it. LOL