I need a pusher trailer part source/vendor

GoldenMotor.com

robo5050

May 21, 2008
Northridge,CA
hello forum members,
I am looking for(please reply with the right sub-forum if this is the wrong forum for this topic!!) powered-gas 2 cycle engine-pusher trailer parts(custom,or off-the-shelf);specifically,I am looking for a pusher trailer hitch mounting bracket
that features a U-Joint hitch,and has 3-point mounting-to the axle drop-outs,or chain stays(2),and seat-post/tube on a Mongoose quartz MTB.

I have attached a jpg file of the preferred hitch receiver/mounting bracket made by a company I found on Google that was/is for a powered trailer model # PT-50!!

I do not know if this is still being made,hence this post for either a parts source,or custom bicycle trailer fabricator that can duplicate the attached bicycle receiver/mounting bracket!!

Thanks in advance for a reply!!

Attachments

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
That will extend your turning radius quite a bit. Talk to some people with trailers (doesn't have to be a pusher). Ask them how they have it mounted (seatpost or behind the rear wheel) and how maneuverable their setup is.

Then decide if you really want to mount it behind the rear wheel. It might look more rugged, but a well made seatpost mount is stout.

And will turn twice as sharp. The trailer will "cut the corner off" turns, though (rather than follow the rear wheel track).

Ted

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Hi robo5050

I researched this about 3 years ago . The only universal "No No" was to make a seat post attachment for a pusher trailer . The logic being that while turning , the pusher trailer would be trying to push you over as well as along . The lower the mount the better . .......... D.J.

This is my trailer mount for my non-pusher trailer .

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Thanks for the info, D.J. I never took that into consideration. I guess it would bother an inexperienced rider.

At slow maneuvering speed the engine is not in the torque range to push you very hard. I don't see any problem at slow speed.

At medium to high speed the swivel connections allow different lean characteristics for the bike and the trailer. I don't see any problem at medium to high speed.

Here's a video of Atomic Zombie on a bike pushed by his electric trailer. The second portion is the same trailer pushing KoolKat on a trike.

The same trailer different hitches.

I've never heard that "No-No".

Ted

robo5050

May 21, 2008
Northridge,CA
I researched this about 3 years ago . The only universal "No No" was to make a seat post attachment for a pusher trailer . The logic being that while turning , the pusher trailer would be trying to push you over as well as along . The lower the mount the better . .......... D.J.

This is my trailer mount for my non-pusher trailer .

Hello D J-nice bike trailer setup;I was thinking the same thing that the chain-stay,or/and axle mounting point would be infinitely easier on the bike,as well as this rider!!

The main reason for mounting the engine aft of the rear wheel is mainly for the better center of gravity,and better control under power!

I was also thinking that it may be better-in terms of motorized bicycle laws-that mounting the engine to a bracket that connects the seat post and
,and both chain stays would save on needing a pusher trailer configuration that may be considered in my state a motorcycle,or motorized cycle.