Crabs-eye view of Venice Beach on a Motorized Bicycle.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Sorry but my microphone broke so no audio. It basically sounds like high speed tank treads when I'm rolling on battery power, caused by the gas engines centrifugal clutch and drive chain spinning around at high speed. You can count the male heads that turn around as I approach from behind. The women are oblivious to my bikes noise. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvw-8zZ1EI4

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Re: Crabs-eye view of Venice Beach on a MB.

Great video mike...cool view too...thanks for sharing
Thanks much. I'll make more from that angle and I'll make sure I keep my crank on that side at the high noon position next time. I didn't know my foot was blocking the view that badly. LOL

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Hate to be negative- but wondering if many motorized bicycles on the bike path there?
Isn't it a bit hairy with other bikes and beach goers crossing and skaters?

I used to ride there on a roadbike, and couldn't count on riding pace.

Please don't hurt yourself or others. You'd just hurt our activity too, and a lot of us NEED these bikes for transportation.

It is an interesting camera angle- did I see one cyclist hold his nose when you passed?

good luck.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

Hate to be negative- but wondering if many motorized bicycles on the bike path there?

Please don't hurt yourself or others. You'd just hurt our activity too, and a lot of us NEED these bikes for transportation.

It is an interesting camera angle- did I see one cyclist hold his nose when you passed?

good luck.
My bike is a hybrid gas/electric like a WWII submarine.
When I'm at the beach I run silent and I run deep....only on battery power. When I'm on the street the gas engine get's fire up. I wouldn't get 10 feet on the beach path with the gas engine running. It's obnoxiously LOUD. LOL

Only hairy on the weekend. Weekdays are wide open freedom.

All the head turns you see by other guys are them reacting to my gas engines chain clanking noise. It sounds like a tanks treads .

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

good luck.

While it looks like I'm doing Warp Factor 9 in my video, I'm actually not going and faster than the spandex crowd that thinks they're are riding in the Tour De Venice on that path. The only difference is they are pedaling and sweating like circus monkeys and I'm using my thumb on my thumb throttle.

If you didn't notice in my video, not 1 woman reacts or even glances my way as I pass them on my bike. Only some of the dudes snap their heads around as I ride by. LOL

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Wasn't aware you were electric- just be careful. Silent can be more deadly maybe. Got a bell film?
Looks like it moves pretty well

You should take it up to Rincon. Best ride in Southern Cal I think.
Used to spandex there all the time,
until I got together with George Michaels in Laguna.

Ah, my father figure...

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Wasn't aware you were electric- just be careful. Silent can be more deadly maybe. Got a bell film?
Looks like it moves pretty well

You should take it up to Rincon. Best ride in Southern Cal I think.
Used to spandex there all the time,
until I got together with George Michaels in Laguna.

Ah, my father figure...
LOL

I agree completely. Running silent has hazards all its own especially at night. I've already left my face imprint on the side of a car door when the car turned in front of me at the last second. Luckily I was moving at less than 10 mph at the point of impact. My bike just ricocheted off the car completely unscathed. I did not ricochet however.