Micargi mustang stretch build question

GoldenMotor.com

Yankphan

Feb 12, 2013
Florida
Ok so I finished the build and boy does it look sweet !
Question... No matter how much I tinker with it, the chain seems to rub jjjjuuusssstttt slightly on my rear tire sidewall.. I can see slight markings... Anyone have this problem ? What can I do to get the rear sprocket to maybe come out say 1/4-1/2 inch further away from the spokes... I can't really mess with alignment of the rear wheel .. It's pretty much straight.

Yankphan

Feb 12, 2013
Florida
Probably can't move the sprocket out because the sprocket sits perfectly flush for the coaster brake arm to seat properly... Maybe a skinnier tire for the rear ?

Yankphan

Feb 12, 2013
Florida
I'm sure others have built micargi mustangs... The chain rubs the sidewall and I just can't get it not to. Hopefully a 26x1.75 will work. Any other ideas please ??

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Yank, If you really want to make this work I'd suggest getting a rear wheel with disc brake and run a Sproter setup. This would clean up your brake arm problem and you'd have a cleaner setup.

Post some pics of your problem, pics would show / give us a better idea of your dilemma and you'd probably get more suggestions options to resolve your prob.

Peace Bro,
Good Luck & Don't give up, once you built a few motorbikes you'll start to brainstorm and look at others builds for idea's / inspiration, sometimes you'll see what another builder has done and then you'll realize hey I just realized I can use that and modify it to work for me ( you )!..

C.H.

Yankphan

Feb 12, 2013
Florida
I'm thinking a narrower tire ? It has a 26x2.125 on it now... Balloon type tire... What is the skinniest tire that would fit on a standard 26" barch cruiser wheel ? 1.75 maybe ? 1.50 ? I know this would solve the problem. Not sure what would fit though.... I'd like to get the skinniest I can fit for the rear.