Schwinn Stirngay occ gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

jt44

Oct 6, 2012
Pennsylvania
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a nice gas tanks for my schwinn stingrayocc. The stock motor kit ones just look to plain.

usflg

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
get yourself a gas tank from a jesse james west coast choppers bike (sold at k-mart a few years back).
weld all the holes and seams closed, cut a hole for a cap, (I made my gas cap) make gas line outlets and paint it & your in business. I took it one step further by grinding down a big weld that runs across the front of the tank. I smoothed it out and re-shaped the front of the tank.
that's what i did.
I picked up one of these tanks off e-bay for $10.00 and I have about 40 hours of work in it including the body work, paint job, wetsanding and buffing. This is the third paint job that i've put on this tank.

what i started with.

what It looks like now.

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
I had a Jesse James WCC bike. Too bad somebody stole it right out of my back (FENCE IN!!!) yard. Funny thing though, they left a chrome BMX bike in its place. The BMX was no doubt stolen too. I guess they just wanted to upgrade. Anyway, years later I saw some like 14 year old kid riding MY BIKE down the street. I knew it was mine because I had swapped the back wheel for a purple rim from a girl's bike. There this kid was riding my bike, so I pulled over and called him over to me. He said that his cousin gave it to him, and that he'd had it for a long time. He seemed to be telling the truth, so I just dropped it. Man, I wish I still had that. I'd have a china girl right on it in no time.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
i cant find them anywhere, wuld you be interested in seling one?
I don't have any of these tanks. you just have to watch e-bay. they pop up now & then, but they're getting really tough to find.
the only other alternative is to buy a complete jesse james bike just for the tank, but that could get expensive.

here's a jesse james bike that I got awhile back. I did the same thing to the gas tank (except i didn't make it functional). I painted the tank metallic orange laquer & clear coated it.
I added a 24" occ front wheel & tire, re-shaped the seat pan to make the seat lean back a little, added a set of billit aluminum hand grips, and put on a 20" coaster brake rear wheel (mine came with a 20" freewheel that was bent) and a smaller front sprocket to make it super easy to pedal.
I got this bike for $30.00, re-built it, cleaned it, painted the tank and added about $50.00 worth of parts & sold it for $300.00.