San Diego's 12th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats cool. I got one coming now from John at Phantom. Ordered bout 3 hrs ago! I'll measure it when it gets here :) Turns out the fishtail I saw on their bike at Barett / Jackson was a one off.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Gosh Tony that looks good!! Any chance of a measurment of the outside diameter? Thinking bout slipping something like this over it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fisht...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7ee761d&vxp=mtr Thats if the fishtail one the Phantom boys have is un-muffeled...
Hi Velodrome,
Just measured the O.D. on the chrome slip-on from Phantom and it's 1 3/8 inches. I have a Harley (see earlier post in this section) and I measured the I.D. for my Hooker Header slant cut slip-ons (visible in two of the three pics) and the I.D. is 1 11/16 inches. Sooooo, if you want to put a fishtail slip-on over the Phantom "Long Barrel" pipe, you'll need to "built up" the difference a bit. Not a big problem. Yep, the Phantom comes with glass packed under the chrome slip-on and, if you want some more noise just take off the chrome slip-on and pull out some of the glass packing!!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Phantom Long-Barrel!!!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I know times a wasting. I am seriously thinking of selling one of my guitars to fund a build. Missing the breaze in my hair and the drinking sesions!

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hey SD sorry guys I have not been on here. My schedule got changed to where I work Sat and Sun mornings. Plus I got a ticket on my bike cause I didnt have blinkers or a license or tags. Same motorcycle traffic cop. Only one in downtown that has a hard one for me and the rest of us. Funny thing is he only gets me when I stop at a red light. SO tryig to figure out when I can request a day off.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Sorry to hear about the run-in with the locals! Hope the ticket doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. I haven't been stopped, YET! But, when that time comes, I hope I'm not doing any moving violations or riding on a restricted pathway - otherwise, I'm OK. Hanging all that "legal" stuff on the bike kinda hurts the eyes. Just trying to stay under their radar (so to speak). Ha!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Turn signals? In California you don't need no stinking turn signals on yer MB!
Still, I am sorry to hear that you got ticketed. :(
I hope that you get by with a teeny, tiny warning from the judge.
You do use hand signals, eh? ;)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey SD sorry guys I have not been on here. My schedule got changed to where I work Sat and Sun mornings. Plus I got a ticket on my bike cause I didnt have blinkers or a license or tags. Same motorcycle traffic cop. Only one in downtown that has a hard one for me and the rest of us. Funny thing is he only gets me when I stop at a red light. SO tryig to figure out when I can request a day off.
Blinkers and tags..........huh? A you bought that knowing full well mr. moto cop was yankin yer chain? Umm......seriously? Better get some blinkers and tags then so we can ride with you......and call in sick or something. Let's RIDE???

.bf.