P.O.S. Magnetos

GoldenMotor.com

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Im just a touch agrevated right now.......over the past two days Ive had to solder in a NEW ground wire for the magneto coming from the coil. VERY MUCH NOT AN EASY TASK!....with that being said I am on round 5 of actually doing it....having trouble getting the wire to actually solder to the coil below the plastic covering. This also happens to be the 3rd new magneto t5hat the ground has failed on for me.....anyhow I once again have spark to my plug, I just need for this to be the final fix on it so I can keep my sanity!...Just needed to vent thanks......and if anyone knows where there is a quality magneto thats not from bikeberry please tell me.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
As they are basically all the same, except the Grubee ones, your best bet is a eBay dealer. At least there you have the 45 day period where you can dispute and file a claim. boy go fast understands these conditions. Ricky might not like it but he has to make good on all things he sells. You do have to pay shipping back but many times he will pay to ship the new part. Plus I have noticed a higher quality on the replacement parts than the stock ones in the bike kits.

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Thanks for the reply Dave,

When you say "except for the Grubees", do you mean the Grubee magnetos are better than you would find with other kits? Also do you know if the Grubees are interchangable with the other kits?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The itty bitty wire is actually welded to the laminated core. Get a crimp on lug that fits the screw that holds the magneto to the engine case, remove the plastic collar and install it under the screw.

Solder the itty bitty wire to the lug.